beast wars ~ one of us now (hurt/comfort) ~ optimus/dinobot

A/N : Takes place post episode 2

The Maximals were exhausted as they arrived back at their home base. All of them had nearly been destroyed by the Predacons, not to mention that they now had an ex-Predacon on their side. Cheetor and especially Rattrap were still quite apprehensive about his addition, but they also needed rest and Optimus had instructed them to drop it anyway. Rhinox was pretty neutral on the subject.

Upon arriving back to home base, Cheetor immediately sped off to his charging area, Rhinox gave a small, polite "Goodnight" to the others, and Rattrap just spit at Dinobot's feet before leaving. The raptor had been keeping up a brave face around the others, but this hatred from Rattrap was getting to him, and Optimus could tell.

"Hey" he said gently, placing one of his massive gorilla hands onto Dinobot's scrawny shoulder. "He'll come around, just give him time" he tried to soothe, but Dinobot didn't believe him. "How come you trust me?" the smaller transformer asked, making eye contact with the gorilla. "I mean..." He took a deep breath as he mapped out his following words carefully. "I was just trying to fight you to the death and you were still willing to fall off a cliff for my sake"

Optimus laughed. "It's all about honor, right?" he asked with a grin. Dinobot just nodded, not entirely sure where this was headed. "Well, there you go then" he chuckled. "Sure, you're not the leader, but you're one of us now. Surely that counts for something, right?"

"Yeah" Dinobot smiled for the first time since he initially challenged the other transformer.

"I'm one of you guys"