the tornado stories ~ panic attack (hurt no comfort) ~ mitch/cookie

A/N : Takes place in between episodes 1 and 2. Tw for blood

Soon after Mitch crashed into the side of the mountain, the tornado died down and Cookie was able to go locate him.

Upon finding where the blue eyed boy had landed, Cookie saw that his unconscious body had some blood around the head, and instantly grew really panicked. For all he fuckin' knew, Mitch was dead and he was just staring at a corpse. Besides, it wasn't like they owned a car, and there weren't really any doctors out there. The closest town was several miles East.

He felt a familiar pressure on his chest as his breathing picked up. It felt like the entire world was spinning, and he had to sit down. Normally, if he was having a panic attack, Mitch would help him calm down but right now Mitch was unconscious in his arms. He could hardly remember how Mitch would help him, but he managed to focus enough to latch onto it.

He tried to talk himself out of it, but the words got caught in his throat and all he could do was make a sort of whine from his throat. His fingers drummed against Mitch's arms as a sort of stim to try and help himself calm down.

Okay he thought to himself, looking around. Just notice five things you see. What do you see? The first thing on that list was... Well, the blood. That freaked him out, so he craned his neck to look elsewhere. Dirt he thought, taking a deep breath. And grass and stone and... The clouds? And debris and... Was that five already?

Seeing how thinking through the 5 to 1 tactic wasn't working, he instead opted to focus on his breathing. He almost felt a little guilty as he used Mitch's body as a sort of weighted blanket to put pressure on his chest, but he needed to calm down if he was gonna get any help for Mitch's condition.

Breathe he internally instructed himself, taking a shaky and choppy inhale. It's okay he thought to himself. You'll calm down, and then you can call 911 and get an ambulance out here and you won't mention the insurance thing.

Soon enough, he began to calm down enough to feel that Mitch was indeed still breathing. That reassurance that his boyfriend was still alive was enough to bring him back down to a sense of calm, and he was able to call emergency services. "Good job, Cookie" he told himself as he got off the phone with the operator, assured that help was on the way.

"No one's dying today"