percy jackson ~ breakdown (hurt/comfort) ~ percy & tyson

A/N : Takes place in book 2 during chapter 6 the night after Percy and Annabeth's fight

Percy was exhausted when he got back to him and Tyson's cabin.

It had been a long day of rude comments from others, but now he was also on bad terms with one of the few friends he still had. There was so much running through his mind as he replayed the fight over and over again. He was upset with Annabeth for how cruel she was being to Tyson, but he also felt incredibly guilty. Surely if he had just been less quick to anger, things would be fine. Right?

He arrived back at the cabin and immediately collapsed onto his bed. He didn't fall asleep, but he took no hesitation in lying down with a loud, tired groan. This was enough to alert Tyson that something was up. Sure, he wasn't exactly the brightest bulb, but he could tell when something was wrong.

"Brother sad" he observed, sitting on the bed by Percy, but not too close. He'd learned enough times through experience at school that Percy could get defensive over his personal space if it got breached too much. "I'm not your..." Percy stopped himself, realizing that it was a pointless endeavor. "Whatever. Yeah, I'm kinda upset"

"Me want to help" Tyson offered gently. Percy wasn't entirely sure how to respond. Tyson was sort of the last person he wanted help from at the moment, as shitty as that was. But... He also needed someone to rely on at that moment. He was kind of a wreck, there was no denying that.

Percy sat up and looked into Tyson's eye. Something about seeing an eye similar to his own broke the dam, and he began crying.

Tyson, not wanting to see his half brother upset for longer than necessary, pulled Percy into an awkward hug. The young demigod was too exhausted and upset to really care, and instead just accepted the hug and cried into the cyclops' chest. "I got into a fight with Annabeth" he cried, just so that Tyson wouldn't ask too many questions.

"Hurt?" Tyson suddenly was examining his arms for any sort of bruising. "No, not that kind of fight" Percy clarified with a slight chuckle. "An argument" he elaborated, and it then seemed to click in Tyson's mind. "Argument was about what?" he asked, curiosity evident on his face. As annoying as Percy could find him, he couldn't help but find it heartwarming how concerned he was.

"It's not important" Percy replied, not wanting to upset his half brother by telling him the fight had been about him. "It's stupid anyways" he added before Tyson could object further. "It's just upsetting cause she's one of my closest friends, y'know?" he continued. "It sucks to be in a fight with her"

"I think Percy cool" Tyson responded. Percy chuckled slightly. He felt a little guilty over having such shame over being his half brother. He was actually a nice guy.

"Thanks, Tyson"