harry potter ~ nonverbal ~ ginny/luna

A/N : Autistic!Luna because I said so

Luna had gone over to the Gryffindor table during lunch, as she often did. Her fellow Ravenclaws were not very kind to her, and most of her friends were Gryffindors anyways, so she would almost always sit with them. Plus, that's where her girlfriend was, and who wouldn't want to spend time with their girlfriend?

Ginny noticed during lunch that Luna seemed a little bit on edge, not as carefree as she normally was. It wasn't really any louder in the Grand Hall than it normally was, but she also knew that it could depend day to day, how much of a stressor the noise could be for the blonde. On this day, it seemed to be a bit on the heavier side, but they both luckily had a free period after lunch, meaning she could calm down in the quiet peace of the Ravenclaw dormitories.

Eventually, lunch ended, and she stood up with a tight smile and headed to the dorms, Ginny following close behind.

----------

"Are you alright, Luna?" Ginny asked cautiously as the pair entered the room. Luna nodded, and Ginny could tell it was genuine (Luna wasn't one to lie), but the fact that she hadn't said anything in her response did raise a few bells. "Have you gone quiet?" Ginny asked gently as Luna sat down on her bed. The ginger followed that action and sat next to her, allowing the blonde to lean against her with a sigh and a nod.

Ginny gave a small noise of acknowledgment in response to the confirmation. She didn't entirely understand why Luna was the way that she was, but what she did know was that if Luna ever "went quiet", it wasn't anything she could fight against without deep discomfort. And Ginny didn't want to make her uncomfortable, so whenever she went quiet, she took it in stride. It had also happened enough times to where they sort of knew how to communicate with each other.

"Was the noise at lunch a lot for you?" she asked, getting another nod in response. Yes or no questions were always good for when Luna was like this since they were the easiest sort of thing to respond to. Ginny also had picked up that Luna usually only went quiet if she had gotten overwhelmed by the noise around her, but Luna insisted that it was because of the wrackspurts clouding her head when things became too much. Something about how an overstimulated mind was more susceptible to them. Ginny supposed the specifics didn't matter all that much.

The Weasley carefully took one of Luna's hands in her own. It amazed her how Luna didn't seem bothered by the fact she was unable to speak. Sure, she still seemed a bit more stressed than she typically was, but she was still remarkably peaceful. The quiet of the room normally would've unnerved Ginny, but with the blonde leaning against her like she did, it instead was rather relaxing.

"I am sorry that these things are so hard for you, love" Ginny said gently. Luna just shrugged, as if to say "I don't mind", which was very... Well, a very Luna Lovegood response. She never seemed to mind anything, and even when she did, it was mostly just quiet sadness (like when she thought about her mother). Ginny sort of envied that level of calm.

"I love you" Ginny said softly. Luna smiled and formed her hands in the shape of a heart.