tornado stories : the movie ~ ypsi's journal (angst) ~ scourge/ypsi

A/N : An alternate take on the first scene at the school

Everyone was a bit upset to see the journal essentially confirming that their classmate had died, but Scourge was particularly torn up about it.

Of course, everyone knew that the two were close. They weren't exactly subtle. Scourge couldn't keep her eyes off of him and vice versa. But it didn't make it hurt any less to see the usually outgoing and cheery young girl suddenly become depressed and sad due to her boyfriend's death.

She had nightmares about the tornado. Nightmares where she saw Yipsi bleeding out on the side of the mountain after having been slammed into it by the tornado. She kept the journal close to her at all times, occasionally reading old entries just to feel his presence for only a moment.

It had been one of the last days of school that the tornado struck anyways so school was called off. It kind of had to considering that the whole building had been ripped to shreds, leaving behind only the wooden foundation of it. Cookie and a few others were excited at the change. Scourge didn't seem to care.

Everyone was at least a little bit upset at the loss. Cookie had considered Yipsi a friend as well, so there were definitely a few times where he cried to Mitch about it. Mitch didn't really know the kid all too well, but reading that final haunting entry in the journal had definitely stuck with him.

Eventually, Scourge began to recover from the emotional trauma of the whole situation. Her boyfriend was dead, and there was nothing she could do about it, but she learned to move on. She became a meteorologist and soon began presenting on the local news to warn about when tornadoes would strike. It helped her cope, and it was nice knowing she could potentially prevent another Yipsi situation.

Tornadoes still came and the grief never truly went away, but she was moving on in her own little way, and that was enough for the time being.