midsummer/jersey ~ long day ~ patti/terri

A/N : Takes place post canon. Also, Nonbinary!Terri because the actor who played this character in the production I did (which is what the characterizations are based on btw) was nonbinary and so that's how I see the character

Patti was irritable and tired as she and Terri got home.

The play had been a certified mess on so many levels. Nikki's performance was comically awful, Franci kept breaking character and forgetting her lines, and Janet had been very visibly nervous during both her opening speech and her performance as the lion. The only performances that could be registered as good were Robert and Terri's, as both of them knew their lines well and had at least some talent.

"You seem exhausted" Terri said with a nervous expression as the pair arrived in their crumby New Jersey apartment. "Yeah, cause I am" Patti replied with a slight glare. Terri was not phased by this, as they were much more concerned with making sure their girlfriend would be okay. "Is it cause of the play?" Terri asked gently, curling up to the director on the couch and turning on the TV. It was some cheesy Jersey show, and Terri quickly recognized two of the people in it to be the same Mia and Lyle who were at the governor's wedding.

"That play was a disaster" Patti grumbled, wrapping her arm around her partner. "Nikki is talented, don't get me wrong" she continued. "But... That talent is pretty limited, and don't even get me started on Franci or Janet"

"I thought we all did pretty good" Terri replied with a small smile. They had always been sort of blind to the lack of talent that plagued half of their group. It was honestly a miracle they were still allowed to do plays (though, at least to Robert and Janet, it was more of a curse). "You did fine" Patti replied with a small smile that made the massage therapist blush. "Robert's performance was also good. The rest was a disaster"

"You need rest" Terri observed softly, gaining a small chuckle from the director. "Yeah, I sure fuckin' do" Patti replied, feeling incredibly tired as she laid against her partner, watching the shitty Jersey show on the television. "Can you go into work tomorrow and tell the others I'm taking an off day?"

"Sure thing, Patti"