arcane ~ depression (hurt/comfort) ~ ekko/scar

A/N : Takes place post season 1. For context, Scar is that one bat dude in the Firelights. His name confirmation can be found here https://twitter.com/leeloo104/status/1465212868463263748

The Council building had blown up, killing all of the Councilors as it did. Piltover turned all their blame to the Undercity. After all, it had come from their side. Why find the culprit herself when they could just blame the entire population?

Enforcers were filling the streets of the Undercity at an even more extreme rate than before. Silco was gone, leaving all of the Shimmer production and... Well, the full leadership of Zaun to Sevika, who was not prepared to do so in the slightest. Word had quickly spread that Jinx had been the one to blow up the building, so now she had a huge target on her back as well.

Ekko sat down in a room built off of the massive tree the Firelights lived by. Scar was there with him, allowing the human to lean against him. His daughter was in the corner of the room, playing with another toddler around the same age. Aside from the occasional, non sensical babbling of the two kids playing, the room was quiet.

"Jinx blew up the Council building" Ekko finally broke the silence, his voice flat and slightly sad sounding. Scar nodded. "I heard so, yes" he acknowledged with a deep breath. He had never known the girl personally, but he knew that her and Ekko had once been very close and that the man was still trying to get over that loss.

"It's kind of funny, in a messed up way" Ekko gave a lifeless chuckle. "We used to make our fingers into the shape of guns and point it towards Piltover" He motioned a finger gun outwards in front of him. "We used to say that one day we would show the topsiders how we really felt about them. That we would 'get our way', whatever that meant..." He sighed. "And now she has"

"Do you know why she did it?" Scar asked, gently running a claw through his boyfriend's dreads. "No" Ekko replied with a shrug. "I wish I did, fuck" he continued, sounding tired. "I wish I still understood her, how her mind works. But... The girl I knew is long gone now. I've seen as much myself. Powder died back in the explosion that killed..." He took a deep breath. "Vander, Mylo, and Claggor"

"I've had a few friends like that" Scar said softly. "Obviously not to the same level as your Jinx, but..." He chuckled. "People change, often for the worse"

"Yeah..." Ekko sighed, staring up at the ceiling as he listened to the steady breathing of his boyfriend. "They do"