percy jackson ~ embarrassed ~ percy & blackjack & beckendorf

A/N : Takes place in book 5 during chapter 1 when Percy and Beckendorf are flying with Blackjack to the Princess Andromeda

Percy and Beckendorf were soaring through the air on Blackjack's back. Everyone was quiet, both out of stress from the situation they were heading into, and awkwardness from the display that mortal girl had put on. It was obvious to both the blacksmith and the horse that Percy had not been expecting the kiss, nor had Rachel ever kissed him before. His reaction to the action had made that abundantly clear.

"Do you know why she kissed you?" Beckendorf asked after a while, stifling back a chuckle as Percy went bright red from anger and embarrassment. "No!" Percy responded, elbowing the other demigod in the side. "I mean, kinda?" he continued awkwardly. Beckendorf raised his eyebrow at that. "She had said some hypothetical about... 'What would it take to get the stupid guy to kiss the girl?', but I didn't know she would do that"

She likes you, boss Blackjack told Percy, and the demigod had to restrain himself from giving the horse a whack across the head. "I am aware of that, Blackjack" he said instead, annoyance clear in his voice. Beckendorf looked between the two. He couldn't hear what the horse was saying, but it was clear that he had just teased Percy over the situation. "What did the horse say?"

"Nothing important" Percy replied. That's low, boss Blackjack told him. You don't wanna interpret my words for my dearest buddy Charles? Not cool! he went on, but Percy could tell he wasn't actually upset about it. He tried to get a laugh out of it, even. But that didn't get very far. He was too embarrassed.

"Seriously, though" he finally spoke up, getting the attention of both Beckendorf and the horse. "Either of you says a thing to Annabeth, I start a hurricane"

"Got it"