arcane ~ you're not so bad after all pt. 1 ~ jinx & caitlyn

A/N : Once again I am writing fanfiction for something I want to see happen at some point, and that is Jinx and Caitlyn having a one on one conversation without any weapons. Takes place vaguely post season 1. Also I'm splitting this into probably 2 parts for dramatics.

It had been a few months since the explosion of the Council building.

All the Councilors as well as Viktor were dead, all torn apart by the bomb. The people of Piltover quickly descended into chaos, with no clear leadership apart from the enforcers. The only remaining faction of the Council was Heimerdinger, who had moved to Zaun to help out the community that Ekko had built down there surrounding the big tree. Of course, it still kept up its neat appearances (at least in comparison to the Undercity), and it wasn't complete anarchy, but things were definitely not good.

With Marcus dead and Caitlyn left to be the new sheriff, she quickly enlisted Vi's help. The Zaunite refused to actually be given the title of an enforcer, as she hated that system and didn't want to be completely sucked into it, but she still had some authority up in Piltover and helped out with the ongoing civil war that Jinx had started when she pulled the trigger. Besides, Caitlyn needed someone who could have a shot at talking to the loose cannon without immediately getting offed, so Vi was important in that sense as well.

One day, the pair got a tip that Jinx was in The Last Drop- A perfect opportunity for confrontation. Sevika had taken up the sort of leadership role of the late man after he died, but she never used his old office, which led to Jinx sulking around up there often. As much as she tried and tried to let go, she couldn't ever shake the guilt or the grief she felt over his death. His murder. A murder that she caused herself... But that place made her feel less lonely in this.

As soon as Vi and Caitlyn entered The Last Drop, the music cut and everyone looked at them. Sevika was sitting at the bar, but got up once they entered. "We're not here for a fight" Caitlyn established immediately, not wanting her girlfriend to get her shit wrecked by the older woman again. Her robotic arm had long since been replaced with one that was even more advanced than her previous, and neither of them particularly felt like experiencing its power firsthand.

Sevika still seemed annoyed at their presence, but she also had soon realized that she was now responsible for keeping order in the Undercity and didn't want it to be quite as chaotic as when Silco held that responsibility. She wasn't as weak as she had seen Vander as- She was perfectly willing to stand up to the pompous, rich douchebags of Piltover- But she had given up fighting people without a clear motive.

She wouldn't attack unless Vi or Caitlyn did, and neither was gearing up for a fight.

"What do you want here?" she asked with an unamused expression as she walked up to the pair, body language intimidating. Vi felt a bit of nervousness boil at the pit of her stomach, but she swallowed it down and kept a firm expression on her face. "We got a tip that my sister is here" she replied. Sevika's mouth twitched briefly into a grin as she realized that this wasn't about to turn into anything. Silco had been protective of the little terrorist, sure. But she wasn't. She'd never liked Jinx, so she wasn't feeling particularly threatened on her behalf.

"She's up in Silco's old office" Sevika said with finality and a dirty look before turning and walking back to the bar, effectively ending the conversation. Vi and Caitlyn stood there in surprise for a moment, both shocked and relieved at how easy it was to get information out of the woman. However, upon coming to their senses and realizing that everyone at the bar was still staring at them, they awkwardly went over to the staircase and ascended its steps.

They stood outside the door, devising a plan of action- Caitlyn would enter and try talking to the girl as a sort of distraction, and then Vi would come behind her and figure out a way to disarm her of her weaponry. It had taken a while of convincing (especially considering that the girl had murdered the sheriff's mother), but Caitlyn had agreed not to resort to violence with Jinx unless strictly necessary, instead opting to do some good, old fashioned talking. However, the only way they could have a proper conversation was if both of them were free of weapons, and well... That was easier said than done with Jinx.