tornado stories : the movie ~ settling in (fluff) ~ mitch/cookie/brenton

A/N : Takes place after Mitch and Cookie move into Brenton's place, before the Christmas tornado. Also yes I am writing fanfiction of a Minecraft movie. Leave me alone. FTM!Cookie and FTM!Mitch because I said so.

"Are you guys settling in well?" Brenton asked the morning after Mitch and Cookie had moved in. Everyone in the town was still a little shaken by the disaster from the previous day, and Mitch had even awoken in a cold sweat during the night from a nightmare about the incident, but the two survivors were actually adjusting pretty well to the move.

"Yeah" Cookie responded with a big smile. "Thanks for letting us move in here" he continued, scratching at the back of his neck. "I don't know what we would've done without you. The mayor's pretty stingy about his money. I'm not sure we would've been able to find a proper house with what little he gave us"

"Of course!" Brenton replied, resting a hand on the other boy's shoulder. "Mitch and I go way back" he continued, and Mitch had to hide the blush that came over his face. "Besides, you seem pretty cool yourself, Cookie. Nice name as well. Cookie. It's unique, I'll give ya that. Fits you quite well, if I do say so myself"

"Yeah, well" Cookie chuckled, looking away to hide his own cheeks heating up a bit at the compliments. "Better than my birthname" he joked, and Mitch chuckled as well. "Fair enough" Brenton replied before walking to the corner of the room where the ladder into his basement resided. "How about this..." he continued. "I make you two some breakfast and you go get whatever survived from your place, yeah?"

"Sure thing!" Mitch replied, to which Brenton just nodded before disappearing into his basement.

When Cookie and Mitch came back to the house with their inventories now full of bricks and damaged clothing, Brenton proudly presented them with soup and watermelon. He also gave Cookie a homemade chocolate chip cookie, which made the orange-eyed boy chuckle slightly.

After breakfast, they all curled up together on the middle bed (which happened to be Cookie's) and watched TV. Setting that up was a little difficult, as Brenton had never actually figured out how to do it, but thankfully Mitch was tech-savvy enough to fix the antenna, and soon they were able to watch the few channels that came through that town.

"This is nice" Mitch said with a small smile as he sat with his roommates and watched whatever cartoon was on at the time. "Thanks for letting us stay here, Brenton" he added, giving a small smile to the homeowner. "Of course, guys" Brenton responded, throwing his arms around the other two. "You too are cool, and I didn't want y'all to be homeless"

"You're not too bad yourself, Brenton" Cookie said with a small smirk, and this time Brenton was the one to go red. "Yeah yeah, whatever" Brenton replied, suddenly very interested in the cartoon show. "I'm awesome, what can I say"

"You like us" Cookie teased. "I will kick you out, don't test me" Brenton retaliated, but no one believed him.