lumberjanes ~ depression (fluff & hurt/comfort) ~ mal/molly ✨

A/N : Takes place post canon

Molly found herself staying over at Mal's place pretty often after camp ended. As it turned out, everyone from camp (with the exception of a few campers who had come from far away... Like from fucking Olympus) lived fairly close together. Molly lived down the street from Ripley, was a 20 minute walk (shorter if she biked) from Mal, and was a 10 to 30 minute drive from everyone else.

It took a huge weight off her shoulders when she realized this- The thought of trying to keep a long distance relationship with Mal had caused her a good few panic attacks before camp had ended. But now, she didn't have to worry about that. If anything ever got too bad at home (or if she just wanted to see her girlfriend), she could hop on her bike and arrive at the Yoo household in as little as 5 minutes.

Mal's mom was always very happy to see the blonde- A stark contrast to her own parents, who probably would've disowned her if they found out she was dating a girl. It was nice to have a place where she knew she wouldn't be treated as a burden simply for existing.

She hadn't known that feeling prior to camp.

----------

Upon being kindly greeted into the house, she made her way up to Mal's room and knocked on the door. After some shuffling from the other side, it opened to reveal a tired looking Mal Yoo, already in her pajamas.

"Sorry" Molly apologized, scratching at the back of her neck in nervousness. "I didn't realize you were getting ready for bed" she added, but Mal just shook her head and placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's fine, Mol" she assured the nervous girl. "I saw your text. I knew you were coming. I would've told you if it wasn't okay, alright?" A hesitant nod. "Okay. Now, come in"

Molly entered the now familiar bedroom and felt a smile tug at the corner of her mouth despite her mental state. There was an electric guitar hung up on the wall and different rock band posters were haphazardly littered about. It was so very Mal, and it always made her feel a sense of warmth regardless of how she was feeling at that moment.

"Is there a reason you came by tonight, Mol?" Mal asked softly as she curled up in her bed once again, patting the spot next to her as an invitation of sorts. That exact question had become very routine for the pair. It was Mal's way of reassuring the blonde that she was listening, whatever it was. Sometimes Molly had an answer, sometimes she didn't. But Mal always listened regardless.

"Kinda?" Molly replied with a sigh as she lied next to Mal on the bed. "I don't know" she continued. "I guess I was just feeling down and wanted to see my amazing girlfriend"

"Down?" Mal asked gently, allowing Molly to curl up against her. "Numb? Emotionless? You know how I get sometimes" Molly tried to explain. She felt annoyance at herself for being so fucking clingy. She should know better than to get so attached. It was only a matter a time before-

"I'm not going anywhere, Mol" Mal said gently, as though reading her mind. It was only then that Molly noticed she was crying into the musicians arms. When had she started crying?

"And you're not being clingy. You're always there for me whenever my anxiety gets the best of me, so why should this be any different? You're allowed to want attention, Molly. That doesn't make you a bad person"

"I..." Molly trailed off, unable to form a proper response as she continued to cry. Mal just held her and swore she would do so for as long as needed and beyond. She wasn't sure when they eventually drifted off to sleep, but it hardly mattered.

At that moment, they were the only two people in the universe.