they both die at the end ~ tic attack (hurt/comfort) ~ tagoe & malcolm

Malcolm sat on his bed, eyes planted on the twitching boy on the bed beside his. "Tagoe, are you feelin' alright?" he asked quietly. Of course, he knew Tagoe had Tourette's. Everyone in the foster home knew he had Tourette's. But, he was ticcing more than he typically did, and that was usually a sign that he was either stressed about something or beginning to have a tic attack. Either way, it wasn't ideal.

"What?" Tagoe asked, looking over to his adoptive brother as he processed the question, his head jerking to the side twice, followed by a small grunt radiating from the back of his throat. "Oh" he said before Malcolm could even say a response, presumably having realized what the question was. "Yeah, I'm chill" he said, but his head jerked a few more times and he grunted once more, making Malcolm question if he was lying or not. "Just... Havin' a- Haha!- Havin' a moment"

"Can I help in any way?" Malcolm asked quietly, moving from his own bed and over onto Tagoe's placing a gentle hand on the boy's back as he ticced a few more times. "I guess just sittin'- Yikes!- With me" Tagoe replied with a small, grateful smile that was quickly broken by a few facial tics. "Makin' sure I don't- Death Cast!- Don't hurt myself or anything. Maybe just- Haha!- Just try talkin' about... Yikes! I don't know. Girls or s- Haha!- Or something" he continued, getting a small chuckle from Malcolm. "Distractions- Mmph!- Help"

Malcolm smiled, holding his brother's right hand to prevent a particularly self-destructive movement, before telling him about a pretty girl he saw when going to the bus stop the other day. Tagoe listened contently, his mind finally focusing on something else.

He smiled, hardly even noticing his own face twitch.