tornado stories 2 : deflected ~ anxiety (hurt/comfort) ~ mitch/less/noodle

A/N : Takes place while Noodle was showing them around his mansion. Autistic!Less because I said so

"Guys, I'm worried" Less said as the trio sat down together in a random board room.

"How come?" Mitch asked with slight concern in his tone as he gently placed a hand on the brown-eyed boy's shoulder. Noodle was fiddling with the arm of the sofa but gave a small thumb's up to assure that he was also listening.

"It's just..." Less took a deep breath. "Ever since that one tornado that happened at my school, I've been more attentive to the weather" he explained, scratching at the back of his knuckles to try and soothe himself. "And recently, it's been saying how there might be tornadoes coming through soon and I'm worried"

"But we also know that forecaster is completely insane" Noodle said flatly, though his gaze was still fixed on the couch arm. "Still" Less countered. "You can never be too sure. After all, we all had the same nightmare the other day with the tornado in the diner"

"Prophetic dreams aren't real" Noodle retaliated, finally looking at the other two. "Right, Mitch? You're the scientist here" Mitch rolled his eyes. "I specialize in engineering, not dream research" the blue eyed boy corrected. "But I wouldn't worry too hard on it, Less" he continued, gently rubbing his boyfriend's back. "Me and Dr. Rolle have been working hard on the Deflector. We should be fine"

"But you can't know for sure" Less replied in exasperation, his voice trembling slightly as his hands shook. "Hey" Noodle cut in, his voice more gentle than he usually allowed as he grabbed onto one of Less' shaking hands. "We'll be fine, okay?" he asked rhetorically. "This place is massive. We'll be okay"

Less took a deep breath to stabilize himself. "Okay" he breathed. "We'll be okay. You're right. I'm sorry for freaking out" Mitch shook his head. "Don't apologize" he said, stern but gentle. "We love you"

"I love you too"