euphoria ~ stabbed (fluff) ~ rue/jules

A/N : Takes place during episode 1x01 when Rue is helping Jules clean up her stab wound

"That was really insane" Rue said quietly as he dripped rubbing alcohol onto some toilet paper. There were probably better ways of cleaning up the wound, but she was far too high to try and think of any. Besides, Jules assured her that this is how she would prep herself for any kind of injection anyways.

"Yeah, well" Jules shrugged, barely even wincing as Rue dabbed alcohol into her open wound. "He was getting violent and weird" she continued. "I didn't want to go home all fucked up. I told you that earlier"

"Right, sorry" Rue responded, shaking her head a bit. Memory was a fickle thing, especially when she was high off her ass. Jules didn't seem to mind though. She instead just nodded and continued to allow her new friend to clean up her wound. It hurt ever so slightly, just the sting of the substance hitting her nerves. It was like her arm was on fire, but compared to everything that had already happened that night, it didn't seem like a big deal.

"I've never gotten stabbed before" she said after a while. Rue shot her a glance and then chuckled. "Yeah, well don't make a habit of it" she replied, getting a small chuckle out of the other girl in return.

"It's really kind of you, to help out someone you only just met" Jules said quietly. Rue raised her head to look at her fully. "Yeah, well" she shrugged. "I'm high as shit, you're pretty as shit, and Nathan is full of shit" she said, getting another laugh out of Jules. "Besides, I don't really want to go home and you offered a ride here instead"

"Bad home life?"

"No, I just don't want my mom to give me another fucking drug test" Rue responded bluntly. Jules almost thought she was joking for a second, but as soon as she saw the look on Rue's face, she knew it couldn't have been a joke.

"All done" Rue suddenly said, gesturing down to the injury, which was now cleaned up (or as cleaned up as it could be considering the person cleaning it couldn't even walk straight). She grabbed some bandages and wrapped them around Jules' arm securely, to keep the wound from getting anything in it or worsening.

Jules thanked her and the two laid down next to each other in the bed. Rue gently fixed a bit of the other girl's hair that was sticking out. Even in her drug-riddled mind, it had been bothering her, and she knew if she didn't fix it at some point, the bad thoughts would just worsen. OCD really was a pain in her ass sometimes.

"I've got an idea"

"What?"

...

"Wanna get high?"