percy jackson ~ anxiety (hurt/comfort) ~ grover/juniper

A/N : Takes place in book 4 during chapter 3 after Grover runs off from breakfast to find Juniper

Grover ran through the woods and eventually came to a small clearing. He smiled in relief because there in the sunshine stood a very familiar wood nymph- Juniper. His girlfriend.

"You're back!" she said happily, walking over towards him with a big smile as she kissed him on his cheek. Despite his growing anxiety, he couldn't help but return the smile. She was good for him, you know? She always made him feel special even though he was just a nervous little satyr. "I am back" he confirmed with a nervous chuckle. Juniper frowned and took his hand in her own.

"You're nervous again" she observed, and it was true. His hands were shaking and she swore she saw a small bead of sweat on his forehead. "There's just... A lot" he replied, dropping the smile and sitting down on a log. Juniper quietly sat next to him, allowing him to lean up against her. "They're saying I might need to go underground into the uh..." he swallowed. "Into the Labyrinth"

"You're kidding" Juniper said, looking down at him. But he wasn't joking. "No, I'm serious" he replied, worry evident in his expression. "I- I can't go down there" he insisted. "Not after... Not after everything with the Cyclops. It freaks me out too much" he sighed. "I'm gonna lose my searcher's license..."

"Hey" Juniper said gently, getting him to look up at her. "You'll figure it out, okay? I got you" she reassured him, to which he smiled but his anxieties and fears remained. The wood nymph frowned. "How can I help you right now?"

"Can we just stay here like this?" Grover asked quietly. "I don't think I can deal with the people at camp right now"

"Of course" Juniper replied. "We can stay here as long as you need"