fantasy high ~ preparing for school ~ kristen & cork

A/N : Hey. I have just begun watching Fantasy High and wanted to write a little pre-canon thing between Kristen and her brother Cork so here ya go

Kristen was going to Aguefort Adventuring Academy in only a few short weeks, and her parents were still grappling with the fact that she would be surrounded by elves and Sol knows what else. They'd been extra tight on her about her prayers, which she gladly performed. She was confident that, if she prayed enough, Helio would make her journey through high school relatively pleasant. After all, she was his chosen one.

"Mom told me you're goin' to Venturer's school" Cork said flatly as he walked into his older sisters room. Kristen smiled at him. As annoying as they could be, she loved her brothers a lot. And she'd always been particularly close to Cork, ever since he'd been born, since he was the youngest.

"Indeed I am" she replied with a nod. "But, it's not called 'Venturer's school', it's called 'Aguefort Adventuring Academy'" she corrected him. "It's a training ground for future heroes. Isn't that cool?"

"That is really cool" Cork replied with a small smile of his own, grossly rubbing snot away from his face. Kristen often worried about his health, as he always seemed to have mucus dripping from his nose, but she said nothing this time, instead just silently moving a box of tissues towards him. She took a mental note to pray to Helio later and request that he gives the corn healing properties. "My big sister's gonna be big and strong and fight dragons"

"One can dream" Kristen replied with a small chuckle. "Mom and dad are really worried about me going there" she continued with a sigh. Cork looked at her inquisitively, silently urging her to continue. "They don't want me around all those non-humans. I just don't see what the big deal is. I mean, mom's never even met an elf in her life!"

"Pointy-ears are dangerous people" Cork told her, and she decided not to correct him this time since he never listened to her corrections anyways. "That's what dad said"

"I don't know, Cork..."

...

"You're goin' to Venturer's school!"

"Yes, I am"