Chapter (42): A Tingle of Jealousy

Comenzar desde el principio

Madeline chuckled, cupping her cheek, giving it a light stroke. "Behave. You look so damn gorgeous with that color on you." She gave her a soft kiss on the lips and pulled away slowly, leaving Wren thirsty for more. "Dark colors are definitely your thing. Ready for the party?"

She nodded slowly, gazing softly at her eyes. Wren offered her arm and Madeline gladly linked their arms together as they walked through the door and met the guests.

Women envied Madeline while men envied Wren. Eyes were on them whenever, wherever they moved. Some women whispered about seeing Wren with a woman who wasn't Monique or one of her dates, they knew it was something bigger than just a mere date, a one-night stand or a simple girlfriend that will be ignored and rejected by Wren the next day. It was her fiancée, the love of her life, her soulmate.

Sarah walked over to them, smiling at Wren and gave her a tight hug. "You look amazing. Both of you are! You're so perfect for each other, even your clothes are matching."

"Thanks, Sarah. You look beautiful and bright as always."

"Oh, thank you, love." She turned to Madeline. "And you... you made me proud, really. Wren, you have amazing creative woman beside you. Don't you ever lose her."

She looked at Madeline, smiling softly. "I don't plan to."

"Exquisite." Sarah looked at Wren's outfit, inspecting it with her eyes. "Why aren't you wearing a tie?"

Wren turned to her, eyes wide. "I'm sorry what? Was I supposed to wear one? No one said anything about ties."

"You know that whoever attends my shows and parties should wear the whole formal package and you aren't wearing one." she said with a hurtful tone and Madeline bit back her chuckle.

"Look Sarah, I'm really sorry but no one-" She stopped talking when both Madeline and Sarah laughed.

"Wren, I was only kidding. I know you hate wearing ties." she said through her chuckles.

"Oh," She rubbed the back of her neck. "you got me there."

"That was fun." said Sarah, shaking her head with a smile. "God, I swear you remind me of my son sometimes." Wren chuckled. "Well, it was fun seeing your face being frustrated but I should get going and see the others. Enjoy your night." She said before leaving them both.

Wren turned to Madeline with a smile and Madeline released another chuckle, recalling what happened earlier, leading Wren to roll her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, it was funny. We get that." said Wren.

"Aw, I'm sorry, babe." She gave her a kiss on the cheek. "We were just messing with you. I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. You'll pay me later." She smirked at Madeline.

She blushed, averting her eyes away from her and Wren leaned down, placing her lips on her temple softly for a short kiss. "I'll grab us drinks. What do you wanna have?"

"Riesling."

She walked away to the bar and waited for the bartender to fix her the drinks.

Madeline pulled out her phone from her purse and checked a message from Eva then she heard someone address words to her.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find Sarah?"

She looked up from her phone and her eyes went wide and so did them. "Oh my god! Nate, is that you?"

"Madeline!" He exclaimed happily. "What are you doing here?!"

"You're asking me?! What are you doing here?! It's been a long time!"