Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four

A Stand Alone Love

Although he had just delivered a brutal beating to his own brother, Sasuke felt more hurt than anyone else. Had he not felt so stupid for believing all of Naruto's lies, he wouldn't feel so bad. But the burning pain of actually wanting to believe his once trustworthy blond, was etched into Sasuke's heart. Here he was always trying to protect Naruto from being used, but in the end it was himself, who was being played.

Sasuke didn't take the time to hear Naruto out before he left the bar in a heated rush. Not that Naruto had actually said something after his cruel assumptions. His vision hazy with fury and sadness, Sasuke stumbled down the hall and back into his room. Slamming the door, he let himself collapse onto his mat. Immediately, he pound mercilessly into the mattress, though his knuckles were red with soreness from already beating Itachi.

He hated himself for always believing Naruto was a helpless victim that need his protection. But the blond didn't need any help to make the biggest mistake in his life. If he wanted to be just another of Itachi's fucking toys, then who was Sasuke to stop him. Even after he had warned him countless times, Naruto seemed to be more intrigued by Itachi's presence, and instead of avoiding him, he got closer. Whether or not Naruto had intentionally betrayed Sasuke, the Uchiha couldn't deny that he still always wanted to protect him, to trust him, and to be near him.

Naruto was currently coming out of his stupor, taking a moment to look around him in some sort of unbelieving embarrassment. He couldn't fathom his next action, he couldn't even register what happened. All he knew was he was relentlessly being stared at by the very people who had witnessed the whole argument. Naruto shamefully turned back to Itachi, watching the man struggle to pull himself up with the help of a chair. Even if he had wanted to help Itachi right now, he couldn't allow himself to prolong his own suffering when he knew Sasuke was still furious with him. So he was out of the room in a dash, following Sasuke's trail.

A soft grunt emitted from the aching male as he finally rose to his feet. He slowly wiped away the heavy amount of blond trickling from the side of his mouth with the edge of his sleeve. Itachi could barely comprehend it himself. Since when had his brother been so strong as to distribute such a sever punishment? But most importantly, why was Naruto protecting him? After what he had did to him, the blond still had the kindness to give him not only his forgiveness but his understanding.

"Damn it." Itachi snarled lowly. The soft of heart were always the stupid ones. Naruto was only digging his own grave by allowing himself to trust everyone; to fall prey to anyone's supposed kindness. Itachi wasn't given the time to even recover from the throbbing headache of blistering scars before he was punched suddenly in the jaw once more. He snapped angrily to the person who had the nerve.

"What the hell are you up to?!" Iruka yelled out. He didn't know what all was going on. But it didn't take a genius to see it was bad. As far as Iruka and the rest of the teachers could see, Itachi was a sexual predator to their students. What kind of sick ass 'dated' minors? And by the sound of it, tried to screw them over with phony kindness. "Stay the hell away from Naruto!" Iruka lashed out. "I would have the mind to have you arrested, but I wouldn't be so mean as to ruin Sasuke's life by locking up the only family and guardian he has left."

"You better get out of here." Kakashi interrupted. He knew how fearsome Iruka could be when he was pissed. And the sensei was just about pissed any time someone was a threat to his students. Who would have thought such a loving and sensitive teacher could be such a beast when it came to those he loved? Itachi took that advice and rushed out of there. But staying away from Naruto was the last thing that was on his mind.