Chapter 41

Chapter Forty-One

Take the Initiative

As soon as Haku made that simple declaration, everyone was just a little skeptical of what his present would be. Despite how much the kid had countlessly harassed Jiraiya and Sasuke about their own suggestive nature, Haku had a pretty big perversion of his own and he wasn't very subtle about it. So when he brought up the fact that it was his turn, there was a shared feeling of disgust and future disappointment. It was Haku after all, and when it came to being around Naruto, things did get a little bizarre.

Much to Sasuke's dismay, he couldn't simply order Naruto to ignore his anxiously mischievous friend. He could only roll his eyes as Haku scrambled about the porch as he handed Naruto his gift. Sasuke turned his meek glance to Zabuza, who equally displayed a look of repulsion and frustration. He should have known better than anyone else how Haku could be. But he couldn't so easily address his problems with Haku's behavior, since it was hard to overcome old habits.

"I hope you like it Naru-kun!" Haku nearly squealed, crawling up in the seat next to Naruto. "I know Sasuke will, since likes about anything that affects you." Haku explained excitedly. He was practically hopping out of his seat as Naruto started to unwrap the box.

Naruto concealed his obvious concern and reluctance while opening the gift. "What's this?" Naruto asked himself as he pulled back the flaps of the box. His brows knitted together quickly as he pulled out a few mysterious items. As much as Naruto was appreciative of getting anything from his friends, he was a little aggravated that he had gotten books again. He eyes slowly ran over the titles of the large paper back literature. "The Ultimate Uke Guide...and Position of the Day..." Naruto red the titles carefully, his confusion only grew more as he flipped through the informational text.

Sasuke just went pale in the face. "Do you really believe we are that inexperienced?" He couldn't help but huff. Sure the gift probably would come in handy later, but for right now, Sasuke's pride was injured. He wasn't some stupid little teen that didn't know what he was doing. Shoot, being around Itachi cleared things right up. If it was up to Sasuke, he would have thrown the gift away and then beat the crap out of Haku, but he didn't want to ruin Naruto's party with his childish ideas.

"Actually I do believe, you are incapable of even satisfying Naruto in anyway." Haku growled back. "You're so pathetic, how can anyone not want to help you two? Jiraiya tried and that has gotten you no where, and I'm sure Itachi's backed off long enough for you to get the job done Sasuke. How long are you planning to drag this thing out?" Haku barked at the young Uchiha. For once, everyone else would have to side with Haku on this.

"Some friend you are." Sasuke snarled. "Just a few weeks ago you were desperate to get me away from Naruto and now you are trying every means necessary to get him laid. Make up your mind already! I can't work with everyone breathing down our backs!" Sasuke yelled. Naruto exchanged looks between the two arguing teens and sighed. He really hated when they fought, but this was absolutely ridiculous.

"Well maybe we wouldn't need to if you weren't so damn helpless Sasuke!" Haku lashed back. The two were now face to face, eyes glowering viciously as they were ready to pounce. As much as Zabuza appreciated Haku's efforts to get over Naruto by forcing him onto someone else, this method was really getting on his nerves.

"Alright that's enough you two." Zabuza growled, standing up from his seat.

"Hey! Can we roast marshmallows now?!" Naruto burst out saying, hoping to draw their attention away from confrontation. It seemed to work as Haku and Sasuke both huffed, crossing their arms and turned away from one another.

"We can do anything you want Naruto." Itachi chuckled, patting the anxious blond on the head. With a coy smile, he got up from his seat and walked back inside to retrieve the required items for their next snack.