Chapter 37

Chapter Thirty-Seven

The Perfect Gift

Itachi, surprisingly, was in a very gracious mood. Nothing in particular had happened to him, but rather to someone else he enjoyed watching suffer. He had felt depressed at a time when Naruto had taken Sasuke as his boyfriend, but now that Haku was around, Itachi couldn't be any more amused. It was more than entertaining to watch his brother constantly morn over the new teen's arrival. It had been two weeks and Sasuke hadn't been able to make a single move on his zealous blond.

For a couple, they sure didn't spend a lot of alone time together. But this didn't seem to bother Naruto in the least bit. He loved spending time with his friends. But Sasuke didn't favor this at all, and he had yet to address the problem to Naruto. So seeing his brother's failed attempts at romance, Itachi never had a dull day. Well maybe just today.

"What are you doing Sasuke?" Itachi asked dryly, his eyes rolling into the back of his head. He walked into the younger Uchiha's room as he spotted the teen at his desk, hopelessly scribbling away on his homework at two in the morning.

"What does it look like I'm doing dumb ass?" Sasuke snarled back. It was evident Sasuke was grumpy for having to stay up so late. The only time he ever consider staying up late as a good thing was if it was with his obsession.

Itachi couldn't hold back a chuckle at Sasuke's situation. "It looks like you are getting behind in your school work because you are taking in more hours at work and at the same time trying to seduce Naruto. So I'm guessing there is a special reason behind it all." Itachi mocked, placing one hand on his hip as he leaned against Sasuke's desk.

Sasuke sighed, dropping his pencil and bagging his head on the hard wood. "I need extra money." He mumbled with his head still pressed hard to the wood. "Naruto's birthday is in three days and I haven't managed to get him anything yet. I can't even get around to asking him what he wants because Haku will just be on my case about how I don't know a thing about him." Sasuke whined, which was very unbecoming for him.

"Is that so. Too bad, I found him a present just last week. You are really losing your touch Sasuke." Itachi laughed. "But I guess it harder to find him a gift with you being his boyfriend and all. He is naturally going to expect more from you." Itachi teased. Bu he Naruto was too simple minded to put pressure on Sasuke. Not once had the blond even mentioned his birthday, so no one really knew how to go about the occasion. Itachi always figured Naruto didn't care much about his birthday because he was an orphan. From TV he often got the impression children like that didn't know about their birthday or didn't get to celebrate it because of money problems.

"What am I going to do Itachi? I can't do anything stupid like give him money to get whatever the hell he wants." Sasuke whimpered. He lifted his head up only slightly so he could slip his arms beneath his head for support. "I bet Haku has already bought him this amazing gift, but the asshole want even tell me what it is. And if I know Jiraiya, he's going to get Naruto something creepy."

"Well I don't know what else I can say to help you out Sasuke. I've never been with anyone long enough to reach their birthday." Itachi chuckled, heading back out of the room. Sasuke was disgusted because Itachi actually sounded proud about that. What was really sad though, Sasuke wasn't even sure if Itachi bought Kisame gifts on his birthday. Some friend Itachi was. Sasuke didn't see why Kisame stuck around with Itachi for so long, he never respected the guy and he was always ordering him around. Kisame was more of his lackey than his only and best friend.

"Oh Naruto..." Sasuke moaned sadly. He got up from his desk and quickly plopped down onto his bed. "You don't have much of anything, but there is nothing I can give you. But what you need is a break from everyone else." Sasuke sighed. Then suddenly an idea came to him. "That's it!"