Chapter 42

Chapter Forty-Two

It's A Piece Of Cake

Part One

Naruto released a meager sigh as he watched the two friends he had mistakably believed were on good terms by now, bite each other's head off with harsh words and assumptions. As much as Naruto enjoyed watching the two bicker; you have to admit it was funny, it was still time consuming and annoying. Here Sasuke was constantly bloating on how everyone should do their best to make this the coolest birthday he had ever had, but really he was always taking Haku's remarks as a threat. And of course Sasuke Uchiha had to act on threats.

The bored blond was just about sick enough to throw a flaming marshmallow at the two if it would just shut them up, but thankfully Kisame and Itachi came back on the porch. "Thank goodness!" Naruto hurriedly replied, fleeing from his seat and throwing his arms affectionately around Itachi's waist. "Ita-niisan, please make them stop." Naruto begged, using a irresistibly cute voice so he could not be denied. And it worked for him.

Itachi couldn't help but laugh at the boy's efforts. And it was refreshing to have Naruto turn back to him. Lately he had felt a little left out. "Of course Naru-chan." He chuckled back, patting down the spiky blond hair in front of him. Kisame restrained from grunting at this. Not only had he just got finish getting Itachi to at least side with him for once, now he has to go back worrying about Naruto seducing his friend back into temptation.

"Otouto!" Itachi called out to Sasuke playfully. The younger Uchiha stopped shouting at Haku long enough to notice his brother with Naruto in his arms. Instantly a furious spark developed in the teen's gut and he was more than prepared to take Itachi down. "If you much rather quarrel with Haku, then I would be happy to tend to your neglected boyfriend. Just a little heads up." Itachi teased, his notoriously evil smirk showing its ugly face once again.

"I don't think so perv!" Sasuke hollered. He raced back over to Naruto and grabbed the blond by the collar before tugging him away from Itachi. "I can take care of my men unlike you, who just throw them all away!" Sasuke accused pointing at Itachi viciously. "Naruto's not going to be another one of your used boy-toys." Even if Sasuke was making assumptions off of true facts, Kisame didn't appreciate the kid doing that so carelessly.

Itachi was offended by the words, but he was very good at concealing that emotion. "Suit yourself Sasuke. I was just trying to help, I'm sure Naruto will vouch with me when I say he would much rather have an attentive boyfriend rather than an arrogant, selfish one." Itachi added calmly. Sasuke was turning red, which made this little chatter all the more entertaining for Itachi.

"Are all of you on steroids?" Zabuza budded in with a coarse growl. He may have watched from the sidelines, but he wasn't interested in their fighting unless some punches were going to be thrown. "You all are aggressive as shit, but are talking like idiots. Can we just get this show on the road so I can ravish Haku? He's already riled up and I rather like it when he's feisty." He retorted amusingly.

Kisame sighed in relief. It was about time someone saved them from this hellish bickering. Seeing as how, no one ever really went against Zabuza's word, Kisame happily trotted over to the table next to the cake that had its candles recently lit slowly starting to fade. Kisame took a guess that Haku had said something while Sasuke had been lighting the candles and they just went at it.

"I agree with Zabuza!" Haku called out anxiously, his eyes arching into happy semi-circles.

"Oh I bet you would, wouldn't you." Sasuke growled. "You'll agree with him any time as long as it means you get laid you little creep." Sasuke lashed back out. Yep, Sasuke just had to have the last say on everything.