Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Step Two: The Shoulder To Lean On

Itachi and Sasuke were ready to tear each limb from limb if not for the jittery blond that bounced into the room just as their eyes were ready to pierce flesh. Naruto's claim of his guardian's approval was both nerve-racking and pleasing. Naruto, unfortunately was just as happy as ever to be allowed to stay over a friend's house, though that included he had to stay with an unknown predator.

Sasuke knew of the torrent of mischief flowing in Itachi's mind and would try to do everything possible to prevent Itachi from some how traumatizing the young, exuberant blond. He only wished he knew exactly what was going on. He couldn't very well plan a rescue mission without knowing what he was saving Naruto from. But it looked it he would just have to wing it for the remainder of the night. As much as Sasuke had to admit, it would probably be safer if he stayed over Naruto's house for now on. Though that thought even scared him. Who knew what type of wacky background Naruto came from?

Itachi on the other hand was all too entertained by Sasuke's inner turmoil and Naruto's outer excitement. He knew of the great fun it would be to seduce Naruto, but it would be even greater fun to do it behind Sasuke's back. His younger brother was already head-strong and alert. To have Sasuke fail in his mission to protect his friend, would only fill Itachi with more pleasure and a feeling of control. Sure call him a control freak; he's never played uke to anyone and he certainly didn't plan to.

"Sasuke, this is better!" Naruto cheered. "Now Aka-chan can stay with both her parents on the first night. She won't have to be confused about growing up with one parent at a time," Naruto explained.

Sasuke was actually frustrated with that reply. For crying out it was just a stupid egg. It had no brains and no feelings, so how was it going to grow up confused?! Sasuke thought Naruto was taking this too seriously. A class assignment by Iruka wasn't suppose to be this in-depth nor important, since this teacher was practically a push over and somewhat feminine if you asked Sasuke. He noticed the teachers flustered side whenever he was around their history teacher Kakashi.

Regardless, Sasuke sigh and accepted this none the less. If Naruto wanted to do extra stuff for the school project so be it. It didn't matter to the Uchiha who already had an A average in all of his classes. He would be fine as long as Naruto didn't force him to play a traditional roll as a parent. There would be no feeding and changing the egg, no matter how much Naruto wanted to.

"That's fine Naruto," Sasuke nearly growled. "Let's just head to bed now. I won't have you straggling behind when the bus comes in the morning."

Sasuke mentally smirked as he recalled just the morning and the humorous spectacle Naruto had performed. Anyone who could fall face first in mud and maintain to act like nothing happened sure had allot of confidence and guts in Sasuke's book. But to why he didn't respect Naruto over that anyway, the Uchiha didn't know. There was a feeling that this Itachi stuff was really getting to him so much that he had to take it out on his classmates.

"Alright, but do we have to go to bed so early?" Naruto whined. Unlike Sasuke, he didn't care to much for making it to school on time or going to bed so early in the night. Not that he could anyway. Let's just say the nightly atmosphere at his home was less than acceptable.

"Sasuke are you sure about this?" Itachi asked with a concerned yet friendly voice. It rose the usual suspicion and annoyance in Sasuke to here his brother talk to him much less in a brotherly tone. "I mean it is your first sleep over, am I right?" He was smirking cockily to his brother. He knew very well Sasuke would never willingly bring a bunch of friends over with him around. And there was always the obvious fact that Sasuke had very few friends if any at all.