Flu Season Pt 1

Heyo! I'm back with the next chapter finally! I apologize for the absence, work was swamped due to the on and off alerts of potential snow storms. But I am here now! Hope you all enjoy!

It wasn't long before the weekend was upon the neighborhood once again. It was supposed to be a normal weekend but that quickly changed after Tommy had a doctor's appointment the day following after they were over Savannah and Samayah's place. As Dil was being carried over to his best friend's place by his mother he had a look of contemplation across his face. Drowning out the conversation his mom was having with him as they walked over to Savannah's house. Dil was convinced, 100 percent convinced that Tommy was an alien! He was going to prove it, he just needed help!

In a blink of an eye, Dil was taken into the Green's living room as he was placed into the playpen where Savannah was playing and Samayah was happily wiggling about in her chair.

"Hey Dil, uh where's Tommy?" Savannah asked, quickly noticing the absence of Dil's older brother

"Hang onto your diapey for this one acause I finded out a secret thing about my brother." Dil said, watching Ebony walk off away from the playpen.

Once Ebony was out of sight, Dil turned to his friend, as a serious look was on his face as he started to speak once again.

"My brother...is a alien!" Dil confidently exclaimed

Savannah just tilted her head, obviously bewildered by Dil's accusation.

"A alien?" Savannah questioned

"Uh huh! After what I sawed, I'm pretty sure he's a alien." Dil nodded

"What did you see?" Savannah decided to ask

"I'll tells ya," Dil said, before plopping down beside the other toddler. "But gets ready, it's gonna be a long story."

"I'm ready!" Savannah exclaimed, ready to hear what Dil had to say.

"Okay, so remember how two yesterdays ago right afore we lefted your house? Chuckie asked my and Tommy's mommy if Tommy could have a sleepover at his place." Dil started to explain

"Uh huh," Savannah nodded

"Well that was the lastest time you saw my brother being my brother. That nextest day was when I founded out that Tommy wasn't a human bean." Dil continued

{Flashback; Normal POV}

Didi had approved, letting Tommy stay over for that night of course planning on to pick him up later that afternoon due to Tommy having his regular doctor follow up for the fall. That next morning, Didi wound up letting Dil spend the morning with Lou and Lulu at the retirement home due to errands she wanted to get done before the afternoon, and Stu going out to pick up more parts for whatever invention he was currently working on.

"Oh I hope you two don't mind, I hate to drop him off like this on such short notice." Didi said, handing Dil over to Lou.

"Now Didi, you know Lulu and I don't mind one bit about taking care of our grandsons. Besides, it'll give us the little one on one time with Dil we haven't really had yet." Lou reassured

"Thanks pop, I'll be back a little after his nap." Didi said, waving to her son, "Bye bye Dilly, be good for Lulu and Pop."

Dil just babbled in response. He was kind of excited to be at his Grandma and Grandpa's place! Sure, he had been here multiple times but he's never really been there without his brother. Now while his brother was staying with Chuckie he could have something to tell him when he got to see him next! Meanwhile, Lou carried Dil over to the living room, placing him down on the couch along with some toys that Didi had left to keep him entertained.

"Now here you go Dil, you stay here while I get the radio tuned in. They're gonna be talking about that Orsen Wells radio play again. Boy was that one a head turner." Lou commented as he turned to go and grab his radio from in his and Lulu's room.

A few moments later, along with the sounds of a slight struggle, Lou returned with the radio in hand as he brought it back to place onto the side table to plug it in.

"Haven't gotten the chance to get more batteries, so this old thing will due for today." Lou said as he went to plug in the radio

Dil wasn't paying too much attention at the moment as he was currently playing with his Goober doll. Of course overhearing the radio static caught his attention briefly as he watched Lou fiddle with the dials on the radio to try and find the correct station. Soon the noise of voices began coming out of the radio as Lou let out a noise of satisfaction before sitting down on the couch.

"On today's radio play highlights we'll be talking about Orsen Wells' radio play!" The voice from the radio announced

Curious about the talking box, Dil got down from the couch to toddle over to the side table as he leaned up on his tip toes to listen what the radio had to say. At the same time Lulu walked into the front door, returning from over in the senior center.

"Oh I haven't missed it have I Lou?" Lulu asked

"Nope you're right on time, we even got Dil here to listen with us." Lou chuckled

"Sounds great!" Lulu grinned, making her way over to the couch, giving Dil a pat on the head as she walked by him and the side table.

"So, The War of the Worlds we all remember that fluke of a masterpiece that had the whole world thinking aliens were taking over." The Radio host spoke beginning to speak of the play

"Boy oh boy, I remember back in 38' hearing this for the first time. Everyone was running around like lost chickens. Can't say I didn't do the same though. It was pretty convincing." Lou chuckled

"The poor hysteria that one show caused." Lulu also chuckled, shaking her head at the memory of it all

"Had me up until they said something about the aliens were defeated by the common cold. Looks like our germs are too much for aliens to handle, huh Dilly." Lou grinned, also giving Dil a pat on the head

Dil just stared, now mesmerized by this new knowledge. Aliens were hurt by germs. Whatever germs were. Dil just grinned, he at least knew what to do in case a bad alien came to take over the world. He couldn't wait to tell his brother about this!

What will happen next? Find out next time!