CHAPTER 35 : Birthday ruined.

Eveing, 8:45 pm.

Is my love, my caring, my efforts where not enough. It's myself is not enough to make him stay with me. I'm lothing in a self doubt now.

I didn't know what happened later after I left that toxic place. I got so many calls from our parents but I'm not able to pick it up. Like what am I going to talk to them? I'm clearly not in a condition to hear them or anyone defending Taehyung and his sins right now.  Everytime I open my mouth, my voice got cracked. Whereas I got no call or any message form Tae.

Somehow, I managed to complete the site work without brusting into tears in front of the workers. It's hard to hold it back. But now when I'm all alone, I am not able to cry either. When I was surrounded by people, I feel so weak that any moment I will get breakdown. But now there's nothing. I want to cry so bad but I'm so numb to do that.

Is there something wrong with me?

I call Rose to meet me at our usual place but for a second thought, there will be lots of people in a local restaurant were we always meet. If I started to cry, there will be hell of a scene and breaking news headline for the next morning. So I changed the location. Now we are meeting near the Han river as there is fewer people here.

I'm sitting on stairs, thinking about my sins that making me suffer this much

I'm sitting on stairs, thinking about my sins that making me suffer this much. Why I feel scared? Am I really not good enough to be someones partner, someone's wife? Is he going back with Sohee? What will happened to us? To our marriage? Is this is the end? On the day of contract expired, she came back. What a perfect timing. My birthday is clearly ruined. I guess life too. The sudden change in his expression and his aura. When he hug her back I can scenes his cold and mean self towards me is back. It's all over his face, when his eyes get all deep with dark.

So many unnecessary questions occupying my head, which should be clearify by directly having conversations with Taehyung. But no, I have to do overthinking.

I was so consume that I didn't even know Rose is here. She has to call my name for few times and even shake me a little to get my attention. I look up at her face and try to give a smile but failed terribly. She scout down next to me. She is in cheerful mood as usual. When she is in office she is so professional but when she is outside the office she is whole different person. All happy and cheerful. This personality you get when you have no regrets in your life. And that's Rose, she don't have any regret in her life to curse herself for. She never get too attached to her partners, so there is no space for expectations. She is doing what she love. She earning more then enough to spend a good life. Her parents are proud of her. Unlike mine who consider everything as business, even there daughter's life. Ugh!! I'm a bit jealous of her.

She open the carry bag and takeout few bottles of Soju, some snacks and a box of cake. "Well, you called me today aswell, So I can assume something got down the hill. But we can't let this day go without celebrating your birthday." She open the box and there is my favourite macrons. Which don't know why remind me of Taehyung.