CHAPTER 44

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose sniffs her running nose while madly looking all around. She got lost in this forest and the reason for her crying is the same.

Coughing deliberately, an insect flew down her throat.  More tears escape her eyes as she curses her fate.

"Andy," She cries out quietly while watching her step. She was supposed to be with him right now. She told him she would be there in no time. He must be worried for her, her family too. They must be looking for her. She thinks. Her phone was with her when she was in university. It must've dropped when those men were shoving her inside the van.

Her legs have started hurting again. The soreness has also begun to come into the picture, Rose has only been running and hiding all day. And crying too.

"Stupid King," She spats.

"How dare he say it was my fault?"

Wiping her tears off she stops walking and eyes every direction.

"Where did I come?" She asks herself. Another tear escapes, aching her eyes.

"I don't know,"

"It all looks the same!" She was on the verge of breaking down. Her incredibly rising breath and eyes pooled with water were the mere indicators.

The silence of the night was making her uneasy and frightened, the loud din of insects and her walking were the only source fighting it. 

"I was so good making pastries and studying all the time,"

"Where have I gotten myself into?" She sobs continuously. Looking back at the days of her working with Andy at Seb Sweets. She reminisces about the times Lily and her studied together.

For a short beat, Rose denounces her decision of leaving that wooden house. But her pride got her back in a split second.

"Why did he kiss me?" She feels the slightest tingling between her legs as she relives the moment again.

Overwhelmed she is. With many questions running in her head. He yelled at her. Condemned her for his wounded shoulder. And kissed her later. It felt like she was dealing with two different people at the same time. Her heart twitches when his words echo in her mind over and over.

And nor would I be stuck here with you!

She scoffs in anger. Like I was so dying to be with you! She thinks.

Minutes pass by like hours. Rose still carries her parade of walking anywhere while her warm tears are constantly tingling against her cold skin.

"Time out, God, please!" She sobs. Thumping frustratedly for a while, she stops by a huge tree and inhales deeply.

Bunning her hair up, her ears vigilant as the rustling of leaves reaches her ears from not so far. If that wasn't enough for her feeble heart, she now could hear the faint voices of men directing from the path she walked on.

"Oh god," She cries out quietly looking in the direction of incoming noises.

She hides behind the tree, while her stare is fixed at the foggy path. Her heart is beating insanely.

Soon four human figures appeared out of the fog. The heart which was beating insanely earlier has now geared up even more. Almost making her chest ache.

With her wet eyes, she saw them coming towards her. They haven't noticed her yet.

Their conversation is clearer to Rose now, thanks to their awfully loud voices and the complete silence night is offering.