CHAPTER 40

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"What do you want from me?" Rose asks, gulping down the overflowing fear.

All of them are wearing masks; the man with a gun in his hand seems most dangerous.

"Where are you taking me?!" She asks, desperation and anxiety are painted all over her face.

She shuts her eyes close in panic as he points the gun on her head. He jerks it in before speaking, "Stay quiet."

Rose couldn't stop shivering, it is the second time she's been kidnapped. But this time, it is all real, they shot King right in front of her.

Tears escape her eyes, she is scared for her life; Who are these people? And why her? Related questions have been running around in her mind ever since.

She whimpers unintentionally as the thoughts of getting hurt or dying are in her mind on loop. Her eyes reflexively shift on the cuffs restraining her hands.

ROSE'S POV

They tied me to the door; the side of my eye peeks to the left instinctively as the thought of him having the key for these cuffs crosses my mind. I pull my hands away from the door, "I said stay quiet!" His sudden outburst made me flinch, having me wrapped around the corner.

Who are these people?

And, and why me?

This cannot be some lame pranks of Tyler again, he shot King. Then who are they?

More tears make their way out of my eyes, aching my eyes again but the thought of him getting shot pulls a sensitive nerve of my heart. Would he be okay?

"What the-" Voice of the guy driving the van rushes and at the exact moment, he takes a sharp turn. Wasn't able to balance myself as I'm all tied up, my head bashed hard on the side rail.

"What the fuck are you doing?" The guy sitting beside me shouts at the driver.

"We're being followed-"

"WHAT?!"

"Look!" The masked guy sitting across me points to our right, my eyes budge out upon seeing numerous cars chasing us.

"What the fuck are you looking at," The driver yells, driving insanely.

The masked men look at each other dumbfoundedly, "FIRE, FOOLS!"

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose bows her head down, covering her ears at the sight of the loud gun firing, "Please, stop!" She exclaims reflexively, terrified by the dangerous situation.

"They keep coming!" One of them yells while firing blindly at the car chasing them down from the left side.

"How many?" The driver asks, "The numbers are increasing!"

The driver curses before accelerating and heading into the bushes, "What the fuck!"

"Where the fuck you're going?"

"I'm getting rid of them, idiot-"

"Do you even-" The speaker heads down as the other party starts firing as well.

"Know where you're heading to!?"

"Shut your ass and kill them, will ya?" Frustration bleeds from the driver's voice, he is continuously taking sharp turns in the sporadic path.