CHAPTER 21

-- A few days later --

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"OK, I understand, but I have to complete an assignment and-"

"Darling, I do not care, and you aren't going anywhere before King shows up, only he is going to decide whether he wants to eat tonight."

"But-"

"And you may leave afterwards." Rose huffs in frustration.

"Can't you just call or leave a text asking if he's going to eat?"

"No, he is not a friend,"

"And how can you even think of such bullshit!" The manager shakes his head in disapproval and leaves to go back to his shelf.

Rose looks up involuntarily in irritation.

ROSE'S POV

I'm starting to get frustrated with this hectic schedule. I've been here since the morning, and I'm leading back in my classes plus I didn't get the chance to talk to Malika. I hope she's not thinking that I backed out.

Millie texted me about the English assignment to be submitted tomorrow and there's no way I can make it by the deadline. King has been out since noon, and the manager is not letting me go home.

I look at the clock, it's eleven, when will I go home? And when will I complete that damn assignment?

Where the hell is he?

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"P-Please, please, for-forgive me, King, I w- wasn't in my mind, pl-please Ki-"

"Take his tongue out, I'm done listening to his hollow apologies." King raises his arm while showing off an am-not-interested expression.

"NO- NO, KING, NO-" A painful screech echoed in the room as one of King's men did what he ordered, without blinking. The fire of blood splashes all over the floor from his mouth.

He yells again and tears run down his face; wanting to wrap his hands around his mouth, he squeals again because his hands are tied up already.

"Silent," King yells and suddenly everything in the room stops working, all the noise, all the screams, everything.

King adds more whiskey to the empty glass and takes a sip out of it.

"Now, how much greens have you got for betraying me, Ron?" He asks the second man tied up just beside the man who just lost his important muscle.

"Ki-i-ing, I-I-I- am-"

"Don't even think of repeating this same mistake as Sedan did,"

"Answer what I asked."

Ron peed himself, not daring to even move his head, he speaks in an extremely low voice,

"$20,000"

King smiles and takes a deep breath of joy. He turns his head to the third man tied up, and looks at him with the most wicked expression.

"$30,000"

"Oh, you got the highest, why?"

"I-I, King, I-"

"Don't stutter if you want your tongue in place." King cuts him off before drinking the whiskey.

"Because," He gulps, every muscle in his body is shaking to its core.