CHAPTER 16

TYLER'S POV

I look at the paper.

She signed it.

My gaze shifts at her, how happy she is. She doesn't even know what she has signed off. I'm a loser, a coward for doing this to her.

But I didn't have any other option! I'm sorry, Rose, but I had to save my family and my Hannah.

"Rose, stay here, I'll be back." She nods frankly.

I walk to his room. This dick! I've never seen such a heartless human in my life ever. I loathe him so much, I am going to kill him the moment I'll get the chance.

You're going to die, Dylan Vazquez. Soon. And then I'll be the one enjoying that sight.

"Come in." I heard his voice after I placed a knock. Opening the gate, I found him making a drink for two. He turned around and asked, "She signed it?"

"Yes."

He smirks.

"Good, now choose one." I gave him a confused look to which he spoke again, "Your dad, your mother or your lover, which one should I free now?"

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Tyler's eyes shine at his words.

"My Hannah, first." He tries to compose himself. King laughs at his words. He sips from his glass and looks at him in amusement.

"Okay, then."

"She is- where she is?"

"Wherever she is, she'll be at your house tomorrow by noon." Tyler nods. He places the contract on the table with a smile on his face.

His happiness for Hannah's arrival is more than the grief in his heart for Rose. He loved Rose, no doubt, she was his best friend once, but things have changed now. Tyler has changed and Hannah is the love of his life and for her, he can do anything, sacrifice anyone.

He is not wrong, he is just in deep love.

Tyler makes his way out of the room. King, on the other hand, takes a good look at the papers.

****

"Rose, come, let's go," Tyler speaks the moment he enters King's office. Rose has been sitting there all the time, obediently.

She nods and both of them get out of the mansion.

Tyler drops her home, and he drives off to his house. He has a big day tomorrow, he has to get ready.

ROSE'S POV

I see him off. This is one of the happiest days of my life so far. I turn around and walk to my house. I place a sharp knock, can't wait to hug my mom.

The door opens,

"SURPRISE!" I almost jump at the sight. My mom and dad are in some fancy dress, with their hands full of drinks, dancing to the loudest music playing behind.

"HONEY, IT'S A DOUBLE CELEBRATION!" My dad yells before drinking wine.

"Let her come in first, Freddy!" My mom yells.

Okay, what's happening here?

They make way for me to enter, and I make sure to lock the gate after stepping in. My dad turns the volume down and crashes on me with a hug.

He's too drunk and, too happy!

"Dad, mom, what's happening?"

"First, drink this." He shoves a glass of wine in my hand.

"But-"

"Drink it!" I laugh, okay. I take a sip from the glass and look at them with a bold question mark on my face.

"Congratulations on the job, honey." My mom speaks before hugging me.

"I'm so proud of you!" Her voice cracks by the end. I pull myself apart and wipe her tears off. She is too much!

"And, congratulations to us,"

"The loan has been off our shoulders now!"

"Uh, dad, but he hasn't-"

"No, my flower, Mr Vazquez's men came home an hour ago." What?

"Did they do something to you? Are you okay-"

"I'm all okay, they said the loan has been taken off."

"What? But, how- how? It was millions?!"

"We asked them the same," My mom speaks,

"Then?"

"They said, that's Mr Vazquez's wish."

"That's- that's it?" I ask with wide eyes.

"Yes, they apologized for troubling us as well."

"Dad, are you sure because I really find this a trap-"

"Daughter, don't worry!"

"Yes, I think we shouldn't be thinking about it anymore. And even if something would happen in the future, your boss, what's his name?"

"Uh, I don't know. Everyone calls him King, so I do the same."

"Oh, yeah, then your boss is there to help us."

"Yes, but-"

"No more talking, it's time to celebrate!" My dad turns the volume up again and both of them start dancing.

They look so happy, and my mom isn't upset anymore.

But is that really that simple? He wished to take off the loan, and we're free? It's too fishy!

I drink the wine and place the glass on the table, I am not convinced.

(** Next Day **)

I turn off the alarm and look at the ceiling, the first day of my new job. And I'm ready.

I get up from the bed and move straight to the bathroom, I take enough time to freshen up and hop in to take a warm bath.

The dress code wasn't written in the contract, assume I can wear casuals as well. I can, right?

But everyone there was wearing formal, the kitchen department had one dress code. White.

I take out a white t-shirt and grey-coloured pants. This would work.

I put on the clothes and fixed my hair into a ponytail. I look at the time, six-thirty. I should be going now, the King takes his first meal at eight o'clock.

I take my purse and head out of my room.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going!" I yell while walking down the stairs.

Both of them are sleeping, they were drinking and dancing all night. I don't expect them to wake up before noon. Such brats!

I get out of the house and wait for the taxi.

The only problem with this job is, that it would be difficult for me to manage the school side by side. But I will find a way out, for sure.