CHAPTER 45

============================================================

A/N: Special thanks to all the readers who have been waiting for my chapter updates. You mean so much to me :) 

============================================================

THIRD PERSON'S POV

He watches the horror in her bloodshot eyes. Has she been crying? He manages to give this a thought in the current commotion.

"Shh!" He whisper-yells, holding her tightly. Before she could scream, he placed his hand on her mouth. He knew she was going to scream. Amateur. He thinks.

Rose stops fighting when her eyes meet his. Her hands which were earlier pushing him hard to free herself, now wrapped around him, surprising King as well.

She holds him tightly while her face is buried in his chest. The fear accumulated inside her is now pouring out in the form of tears from her eyes. She was terrorized to her core.

"Rose," He pats her head, trying to console her. Listening to her muffled sobs, something flickers in his heart. He hugs her back, holding her firmly in his huge arms. 

He couldn't deny the warmth of her closeness, despite whatever reason.

Rose immediately detaches and faces him, "I, I want to go h-home, please," More tears escape her eyes. She is desperate to get out of this mess, it can be clearly seen in her eyes.

"Th-they are behind-d, they will take, take m-me again," It pierces his heart watching her wail so much that she can't even talk properly.

This made him seriously angry.

"Okay, okay," He cups her face swiftly. Anyhow they need to hide somewhere safe first.

Rose shakes her head frantically, her hands reflexively reaching his hands.

"Th-they were threat-threatening-g me, one of them s-said-"

"Forget about what they said, I won't let anything happen to you!" Rose has completely gone out of her senses, their words are ruling her mind. Never in her life had she encountered people so dangerous, they've done a good job in sowing fear in her heart.

Tears were constantly rivering out of her eyes. Pain is all she can feel; in her head, in her eyes, in her legs, arms, guts, everywhere.

"Stop crying," He whispers while looking back at the way Rose came running on. He turns his face to her swiftly, "P-please, I-I just want t-to go home, I-I-"

"Shh!" Tension is building up as he is more worried thinking they could be here any moment. And Rose crying like this won't be any help at all.

"You need to stop crying, Rose, or else we'll get caught-" This made her break out even more. She immediately buries herself into his huge chest muscles, her muffled cries are clearly audible. She doesn't want to die so soon. But little does she knows that the man in front of her would rip out their lives before they could touch her.

"Listen," He tries to talk to her, but she isn't listening.

"Hey, look at me,"

"Rose," He jerks her from himself, making her look up at him. Rose didn't stop crying. She couldn't.

He wipes her tears off while continuously pleading her to stop shedding.

"You wanna go home right?" Rose nods desperately while a few fresh tears make their way out of her eyes. He notices her eyes and nose are in a deep shade of red. No matter how many times his mind is demanding the lives of the men causing these tears, he couldn't help but behold how adorable she is looking right now.