CHAPTER 27

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Hours later, Rose is standing outside the airport, recalling the see off of Lily on loop. A tear escapes her eye while she's smiling ear to ear. She's going to miss her best friend, but sooner or later, they'll meet again.

She hopes to see her soon. Running her hands through her arms as the cold wind attacks her skin, she stands there for a little longer, in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.

"Bye, Lil," She speaks, looking at the way Lily walked away on.

She sighs and turns around to leave too. She drags her phone out, half to three, she sees the time. Pretty late.

It's been a very long day for her, she only has enough energy to reach home and sleep.

She walks towards the stand, a walk of just fifteen minutes.

All the events, whatever happened today storms in her mind, making her even more exhausted. But she can't help.

Pretty quiet at this hour, she thinks, looking at the darkness ahead with no sign of a human. The headlights of vehicles conquering the darkness and them passing by were the only noise fighting the silence of the night, now and then.

She adds pace to her walking, pulls her clothes more to her skin as the icy cold breeze gently kisses her all over. With the rustling of leaves and the darkness behind those trees, Rose absorbs her surroundings.

Noting the fact that she isn't very used to walking alone at such a horror-like place, tension starts to build up in her mind, despite fighting it hard.

She keeps on chanting that she's safe, and she's going to be home soon.

Passing by of vehicles was no fear for her until she notices two headlights beaming straight in her eyes. It was a car, she figures it out as it came closer.

Her heart starts beating irrationally as the car starts to slow down, approaching her. She still tries to keep her cool while increasing the pace.

As if all her chanting were heard by demons instead, the car stops right in front of her. Her feet freeze in the damn place, and unintentionally she gulps.

Like the horrific silence before a storm, the environment drops every noise, making Rose's heartbeat the loudest. She couldn't really see anything because of the bright headlights of the car. She had her hand in front of her eyes to protect them.

She narrows her eyes to look past the light, but soon her focus gets interrupted by a loud sound of tires screeching behind.

Her heart jumped in her throat, she swiftly turns around and found another car halting right in front of her.

She loses her calm, her breathing is rapidly getting heavy. The door of the just-approached car opens, and she gets a wave of relief seeing Tyler getting out of it.

He jogs towards her, holds her firmly from her arm and drags to his car. "Get in," He speaks, opening the door for her. The headlights turn off of the car resting right in front of them. Rose doesn't waste another second before getting inside. 

She could sense something unusual going on. She sees Tyler running to the other door, he quickly settles as well and drives off. Rose catches a glance at the mysterious car, but fails to see anything.

She thinks of it for a while before letting the thought go. She closes her eyes, enjoying the silence, knowing that she's safe.

"How did you know I'm here?" She asks Tyler after a while.

Drifting into unconsciousness, she hears him speaking, but couldn't figure out what. She doesn't bother asking again and dozes off.