CHAPTER 39

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"How is it going between you and Jo?" Rose asks as she takes a sip from her shake right after taking a big bite of her hamburger.

"It is going amazing," She replies, she looks so cute as she couldn't stop smiling. Jane and Rose chuckle, making Millie's cheeks burn even more.

"Oh, they're so in love," Jane spat, "He used to wait for her after practice every single day with snacks in his hands, ugh," She pauses before continuing, "So cute, I wonder why you left him!" She meets eyes with Rose.

"I didn't leave him-"

"So why did he leave you?"

"Neither he left me, it was mutual." Rose shakes her head off while taking another bite of her burger.

"Then what about your current mafia boyfriend?" Jane asks, totally concentrating on her food that she misses the uncomfortable look reflecting upon Rose's face for seconds.

"I mean, he showed up with wall like men around him, not that he was looking like one too,"

"But he is so hot, how did you meet him anyway? And what's his name?" Jane continues, Millie notices Rose's uneasiness.

All the memories of that day and the next day she came to the school flooded in her mind, everyone was talking shit about her, using terms like master and slave and sugar daddy and the extent was indeed long.

"Jane-" Millie tries to shut her up but Rose replies first, "He is not my boyfriend, neither he is a mafia or something-" She scoffs, "Is that even true, I mean, in films totally possible but mafia in reality?" Rose laughs it off as if it is one of the dumb teenage fantasies ever.

"Then who is he? What was he doing here that day?"

He wanted me to go back to the mansion and cook for him; Rose thinks. She laughs mentally, it turns out to be funny for her in some way. He showed up at her university with a bunch of his bodyguards behind so he could take me home and make me cook for him? She thinks again.

"What's so funny?" Jane asks,

"Oh, nothing!" She straightens her lips immediately, didn't realise she actually started smiling at his thought.

But her happiness vanishes away in no time as her brain recalls their latest encounter. Rose is still in a blur about that night, what terrified her more was she visioned a long-forgotten person doing all that to her. His acts were similar to his, making her already weak mind mess up everything in the most wicked way.

The classic ringtone of her phone snaps her out of her thoughts, she stares at it, Andy.

"Hey," A smile forms on her face, "Tell me you are on your way and would be here in 10 minutes!" Andy yells through the phone; being best friends with someone comes with certain responsibilities like one Rose has here.

"I," Rose says, she takes the straw out of her glass and gulps the milkshake in one go. "Am on my way and will be standing in front of you in 10!" Rose states as she instantly gets up from her seat, snatches her hamburger off the table while waving at the girls.

"Hey, wait-"

"I really gotta go!" She whisper-yells after pushing her phone away.

"Rose," But she manages to jog away while talking to Andy and stuffing on her hamburger. "My dress," Millie mumbles slowly.

"Oh, forget it now," Jane states plainly, enjoying her meal side by side.

Andy along with Rose and Christian planned to paint their soon-to-be-cafe, Christian and Andy are already there doing their part alongside waiting for their volunteer to join as well.