CHAPTER 26

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Hours have passed away since Rose reached the mansion with the parcel. Rose could never know what's inside the box, her job was to only deliver it to the King. And she clearly did it well.

Getting back to basics, she's now in the kitchen, helping her fellows and getting a hold of her manager's tantrums side by side.

The world is full of asshole managers, after all.

King, on the other hand, is impressed by Rose. He's currently sitting in his chair, sipping on his whiskey and enjoying the sight of what is inside the box.

"One good thing in a day, check!" He talks to himself.

Not after long, his alone time gets disturbed by a knock on the door. Already expecting someone to show up, he smiles and speaks in his autocratic tone,

"Come in,"

The door opens, revealing Tyler. King puts his glass on the table, "Just the man I wanted to see," he speaks with amusement noticeable in his voice.

Tyler, showing no sign of emotion, walks towards the man he loathes the most, after closing the door behind him.

"What is it?" He asks, getting straight on point.

"Have a seat, gentleman," He pours some whiskey into another glass and slides it in his direction.

Tyler sits across him, looking directly into his eyes. "I'm not interested." He says and slid the glass of whiskey back in his direction.

King hisses in disappointment, "I really wonder how Hannah can get on the same bed with such a boring person," he smirks and continues, "Or maybe she got another dick to balance it out?"

Tyler clenches his fists in rage, "DON'T SPEAK HER NAME WITH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!" He roars.

"Woah, Woah, Woah," King lets out a laugh, "Easy, mate, it's a bad move if you raise your voice on someone," He gets up from his chair and encircles the table till he reaches its front edge, "Who has got something very precious to you." He completes while tapping on his shoulder.

He derives pleasure reminding Tyler over and over of how helpless he is in front of him. All these years, King has grown to enjoy the power of making people kneel in front of him. Making them feel worthless and helpless and hopeless in front of him.

He's grown used to controlling everyone's life.

Tyler mentally screams in a furious rage, everyday passing by adds more hatred in his heart for the person leaning against the table right beside him.

King shakes his head and turns around,

"I've got you a present," He speaks while pointing to the mysterious box placed on the same table.

"I believe it would enlighten your pungent mood." He completes before taking the last shot.

Without wasting any other second, Tyler straightens his back and opens the damn box.

His eyes leave their sockets the moment they set on the thing resting inside the box. The smell of dead bodies mixed with fresh daisies occupies the room.

He immediately backs off and looks at King with horror flashing all over his face.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Leaves his mouth.

"The head of John for you,"

"Why did you do this? Are you crazy? He-"

"Was interfering in my business despite getting warned." The rooms went silent.

"Oh, I pity these new officers, their ambition always gets them drowning." He laughs.

"He had family, you took him away from them, King-"

"Oh, stop with this melodrama; you wanted him out, he's out, that's how we do it." King eyes it off.

"King-" Tyler gets cut off by a knock on the door.

"What?"

"King, do you need anything for snacks?" Rose's voice comes from the other side.

"A kiss would do, sweetie."

Tyler looks at him with wide eyes. On the other hand, Rose pauses, still processing what she just heard.

"These people," King laughs before saying, "I'm kidding, you may go."

They don't hear from Rose, and Tyler looks at him in disgust.

"Such a lovely girl she is,"

"And useful too."

He pours more whiskey in his glass before speaking,

"She's the one who got me this box, I was doubtful at first but damn, the girl did her job-"

"You what?" As if he can't be any more surprised since the moment he entered this monster's room, Tyler spats, not believing a single word left his mouth.

"You sent Rose to get this box?"

"Are you freaking nuts?!" He yells at him.

He rubs his face in anxiety,

"She is innocent, King, you can't involve her in all this!"

"She's just a normal girl, with normal life, normal parents, normal friends, YOU CAN'T RUIN IT!" Desperation and anger are evident in his voice.

Tyler is scared for Rose, and it is very obvious looking at the terror spread on his face.

"She is the blood of that bastard," King clenches his jaw, remembering long gone painful events.

"She was involved in this the moment she came into the world."

Later at night...

ROSE'S POV

"Here, keep the change." I hurriedly shove the money into the driver's hand and ran towards the airport.

Lily is going to be so mad at me. I was supposed to be at her house two hours ago, but I couldn't spare time, even after dinner that weird manager had me waiting just to give me a lesson about utensils.

My phone rings, I immediately take it out, and my blood rushes to my adrenaline even more as I see Lily's name on the screen.

Without wasting another ring, I pick her call up, "I'm right outside, where are you?" I ask while running at the entrance.

"I'm at pole 3, Rose, be quick."

I wander my eyes all over. Pole 1 is right in front of me.

I ran and ran till I could see the huge pole with 3 imprinted on its top. God, I've had my share of cardio for a week.

Across the tiny road, I see this prettiest blonde eating a burger bigger than her mouth. Surrounded by her mom who is having a heated conversation with the port's staff, and little minions jumping, again and again, to snatch the food out of the blonde's hand.

I will miss my best friend.