CHAPTER 19

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Time flies by, it's almost six o'clock and Rose is at Lily's house, helping her in packing. Lily and her mom are going back to their hometown, Athens, for a while.

Lily doesn't want to go back, but it's a matter of their property and her mom has no intentions of leaving it behind. After all, the house was her husband's first present to her.

"Lily, keep these books with you," Rose speaks, looking at the books Lily purchased from the orphanage last month.

"Yeah," She takes the books out of her hand and roughly throws them inside the case.

Rose observes her uninterested behaviour.

"I'll call you regularly." She speaks after a long while.

"Yeah, sure."

ROSE'S POV

"Lily, please come down for a minute," I hear her mom; she huffs and throws the clothes on the bed and gets out of her room.

I am feeling like a traitor remembering the conversation I had with her mom not too while ago. Her mom was too nervous and wanted to talk to somebody about it and since we are friends, she let it out in front of me.

I open my purse and take the box out. I am going to miss her; hope she'll be back soon.

I hide the box inside the suitcase and arrange all her clothes properly. The moment I was done zipping it up, my phone rang, and an unknown number was displayed on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Rose, where is my meal?" My eyes glide out of the muscles as I hear him, I spin around and look at the time, it's six. Shit!

"Uh, it's-" Oh my god. My hand involuntarily travels to my head. What should I say?

"King, actually, I-I am sorry but- "

"Look here, she asked me to wear this tonight. Like, come on, it's not a kids' fashion show that we are going to!" My words chew themselves down my throat as I hear Lily yelling around the place.

"I assume, you're not in the mansion," I hear King from the phone. He heard her.

"I am, uh,"

"Who is it? Who are you talking to?" Frustrated Lily again. I put my hand on the phone's speaker and move it away from my mouth,

"Lily, shut up, it's my boss!" I whisper-yell at her.

She looks at me with wide eyes which are actually looking furious, but why?

"That bastard? How dare he call you!?" She shouts, and before I could say something, she jumps on me and takes the phone out of my hand.

"YOU! YOU, SON OF A BITCH,"

No, no, no!

"Lily, give me the phone back-"

"Excuse me?" She let it out mockingly.

"You filthy pig, how dare you touch my Rose, huh? Do you think she is weak, and she won't say anything? I am going to skin you alive for what you did to her-"

"No, Lily, you're taking it all wrong-"

"My ex is a lawyer, and I am going to sue you in an attempt of rape, and how-how a man like you is even alive?"

"LILY, STOP-"

"Shut up, Rose, don't be afraid. I'll burn his café down and his shit like pungent pastries, what the hell he thinks of himself?"

"Lily it's not him, for God's sake, stop it!"

"What?" She looks at me dumbfounded. I look at her in utter shock, please tell me I'm dreaming!

I snatch my phone out of her hands and stare at it desperately, he is still on the line. Moment of regret. Why didn't I tell her about my new job? I was so engrossed in her packing and gossiping about boys. 

I gulp before taking the phone to my ear, my hands are acting as an expensive vibrator right now.

"H-Hello,"

"Hello?" I speak again as I didn't hear anything from the other side.

"I need you in my office in five minutes." I hear him before he ends the call.

Oh my God,

"LILY!"

"What?" She speaks casually,

"You're-you're unbelievable!" I take my purse and run to get out of the house.

"Hey, I-I thought it was Sebastian!" I hear her behind me.

"It wasn't him; it was my new boss, and now he wants me in his office in five minutes!" I run down the hallway and get out of her house.

I stop running as I reach the street and look in all directions hopelessly.

"Come inside, quick!" I turn around and find Lily taking the car out,

"Where are you going, girls?" Her mom yells.

"I'll be back in a minute!" Lily shouts in response and opens the gate for me. I run to her car and settle inside.

"Just direct me," She speaks before accelerating.

** Three minutes later **

I open the car's door and sprint towards the gate.

"Call me later!" I mentally nod and walk through the mansion gates.

I run straight to his office and place a knock. I look down at my phone, just on time. She saved me! It's her doing in the first place!

"Come in," I take a long breath before opening the gate and stepping in.

He is standing across the room, his back facing me, and it seems like he is staring down from the window.

"King, I am really, really sorry about that. My friend thought you're somebody else-"

"You disappointed me on the very first day," I curl my lips.

"I am extremely sorry, King. It was a misunderstanding and she was furious-"

"Who was he?"

"W-Who, King?"

"Who your friend was talking about?" I recall every word Lily said over the phone for my ex-boss.

"It was long ago and everything is fine, now," I reply after a while, God please don't let him ask anything about it anymore.

He doesn't speak anything nor turn around.

"I need my food in half an hour, if you'll be late next time, I'm going to fire you."

"Yes." I immediately respond and get out of his room.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

King takes his phone out the moment he hears the sound of the door closing.

He calls somebody,

"Send her in."

"Yes, King." He hangs up and just after a few seconds, someone knocks on the door.

"Come in," King turns around and stares at the girl whose eyes are filled with lust.

He smirks,

"Take that cloak off." He demands, leaning against the window.

She does as he commands and walks to him.

"How is your lover doing, Han?" She smiles at the question.

"Just as we thought." She speaks before kissing him wildly.