CHAPTER 2

ROSE'S POV

Putting the notepad back on the table, I stretch my hands back to untie my apron. Today was a busy day, it's always busy on weekends.

I look at the time, five to ten. I'll be home in twenty minutes, I sigh.

"Where are you going?" I immediately look up hearing my boss's voice coming from not so far away.

"Home," I revert while removing the apron off my clothes.

"Actually,"

He clears his throat and looks into my eyes.

"Lizzie is gone as she is sick. I was wondering if you could do the cleaning."

"Are you kidding me?" He shrugs subtly. Unbelievable!

"I-I have a life outside this café, Sebastian."

"Really?" Sarcasm is obvious in his voice.

"Your outside life is running because you're working here," I look at him with wide eyes. He opens his mouth to continue, "Don't leave before you're done with the cleaning." I gape as he turns his back on me.

"And yeah, the keys are on my table. Don't forget to lock." His voice comes out smoothly.

"What is your problem with me?" I spat directly, how can he be so cruel towards me?

"You know." He replies calmly. I could feel his burning smirk.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose fists her hand to control the anger piling up inside her and shifts her gaze at the ceiling in an attempt not to let the tears escape.

Putting the apron on, she heads out with all the cleaning essentials and eyes the café; she doesn't waste any time mourning her condition and starts cleaning.

Just after ten minutes, her phone rings. She ignores and keeps doing her work. For once a thought crosses her mind that it could be her mother. But Rose pushes the thought aside, she is in no mood to talk to anybody.

The phone silences but rings again, Rose throws the cloth on the table and scoffs in frustration, she takes her phone out and sees it is the same unknown number.

'Vicki, trust me, you don't want to talk right now!' She thinks and hangs the call.

She stares at the phone for a while and then leaves a text to her mother about coming home late.

Just as she puts the phone back in her pocket, it rings again and flashes the same unknown number.

She rashly picks up and spats,

"Vicki, not the right time!"

"Aren't you tired of cleaning alone, want some help?" The same familiar voice speaks and emphasizes more on the word 'help'.

Rose restlessly looks all around, afraid of the person who is on the call!

"Who are you?" She asks, her breathing starts to become heavy.

"See yourself, doll." The mysterious man cuts the call after saying this.

Before thinking anything else, Rose swiftly gets out of the café after taking the keys from Sebastian's room.

She flappingly looks around while locking the door. Sweat is all over her forehead, and her hands are shaking uncontrollably.

She was so engrossed in locking the door that she didn't see what was behind her. Rather who was.

ROSE'S POV

Finally, it's locked. I immediately turn around and almost let out a scream seeing the gun pointed right between my eyes.

I follow the hand holding the weapon and see a man. He's wearing black shades, is so tall and well-built. His pale skin is easily comprehensible through my blurry vision.

"Walk." He commands.

I'm glued to the door so much that my left side of the butt aches because of the doorknob.

"Who are you?" I ask, trying so hard to put myself.

"I said walk!" he yells this time.

"Okay, okay. I will." I let out, he puts the gun down and backs off.

I pull apart from the door and start walking. By the side of my eye, I see him walking just beside me.

Oh my god!

I am not sure my vibrating legs can make a run right now!

"What have I done? I don't even know you!" I asked, but got no word in return.

"What do you want from me?" I exclaim in fear.

"Shut up!" He speaks in a freezing tone.

I sneakily look at him, his gun is not in his hand. God, please lend some power to my legs!

I have to do this.

"Ouch!" I feel immense pain in my right leg, just for the show.

The moment he leans down towards me, I push him away with all my might and run to the other side.
I didn't look back, though I'm sure he fell on the ground. My eyes were glued to a turn a few meters away. Just this turn and I'll hide!

I'm so afraid, and I really want to cry right now but saving myself is a priority.

A spark of relief leaps over me as I'm almost at the turn,

But then I heard it. A scream escapes my mouth while my hands involuntarily stretch to cover my ears- the gunshot.

"Take another step and the next one will go through your heart!" The man behind me shouts.

Tears start to flow down my eyes uncontrollably as I turn around, his gun is again pointing at me and this time he seems beyond furious.

Why is this happening to me?

He angrily walks toward me, I wanted to run for my life, but the scene is scary, and I don't dare to disobey him.

He rashly holds my arm and starts to drag me to devil knows where.

I'm just trying to keep my tears at bay, but trying is not working anymore!

Who is he? Have I done something? But what?

I don't dare to ask or speak.