CHAPTER 53

Two months later...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose's physical recovery is going pretty well, she is able to walk around a little with the help of a walking stick. The doctors are promising that she shall be able to walk on her own in the next one week or so.

Doctors were right, she was traumatised. The first month was sick and horrific for her, at the time she just opened her eyes and all the memories of those dead men flashed right into her mind. Like it just happened yesterday. The fear was deep-rooted inside her.

But her parents really helped her to get better, if not normal. They have been constantly around her, taking care of her. Andy, too, visits her very often. He can't come every day because of his café but whenever he comes, he brings tasty stuff for her, that too, made by him.

Tyler calls her often and visits her every now and then. One day, even Hannah showed up with him.

The time span of these two months changed many things for her. And for him.

King never came to visit her in those two months, and Rose can't thank enough god for it.

On the other hand, he has dived deliberately into the ocean full of evil. He destroyed Nobels completely, without showing any mercy to anyone. Not caring if they're someone's husband, son, daughter, wife or mother, he killed each and every one of them without giving it another thought. He's been making alliances either or taking over the mafias who oppose allying.

It's as if he's stopped thinking rationally; he is force-feeding the bad inside him.

There wasn't one night that a different girl came into his bed, and there wasn't one day where he didn't take someone's life. He is punishing others, but deep down, he isn't letting himself go of the punishment he believes he deserves.

He has absolutely stopped caring for anyone, not that he cared for anyone before; he has stopped letting things affect him. He's ultimately become a killing robot.

Tyler informed him about Rose's recovery and only one emotion flashed in his eyes. No emotion. But, the same night, he killed a bunch of local drug dealers, of which he never paid attention to before.

His cruel ways are making him more infamous than ever.

Apart from killing, fucking or shutting himself in that room, he has nothing left. Or that's the thought he has been repeatedly shoving down into his heart.

~

Two weeks later...

Rose's recovery has been astonishing. She can walk on her own, but still being back to normal would take more time. Doctors discharged her from the hospital, while her medication has been going on with various checkups and appointments fixed regularly.

She spent her summer break in that hospital's bed and now only one week is left for the university to start again. But she's glad that she doesn't have to miss any classes.

The doorbell rings, "Rose!"

"Open the door, I'm busy in the kitchen," Her mom yells. Rose gets up from the couch after placing the book on the table, she's on the final chapters of the book Andy lent her.

She opens thinking it must be Andy. He texted her saying he would come home today. But her smile fades away the moment she recognizes King standing at the door.

Her core numbed itself meeting his eyes, which were flashing no emotion. There was something different in him, his looks also changed a bit. It was incomprehensible by Rose; maybe it was because of the destructive aura he's been carrying with him, which she never felt before.