CHAPTER 30

THIRD PERSON'S POV

King asked Tyler and Hannah to wait till Rose and he finished their dinner. He didn't want any unnecessary audience.

Rose, however, agrees to be his date. It does strike her as why her? But she slides it off the table as it has been a while since she went out. The last was Lily's birthday party.

Tyler and Hannah, on the other hand, are not pleased to see these two getting close. Tyler finds it too dangerous for Rose to be anywhere around that monster, while Hannah has her own issues.

Hannah and King have a history. She was his hostage, he had her under his control, keeping her away from Tyler, the love of her life. But time changed everything for these two, Hannah fell for him, for his power, and for his roughness.

And for him, she became his need. His nights were meaningless and empty without her in his arms. She filled the void, he used her to distract himself from the pain he has been enduring.

She wasn't scared of him like everyone was, she never ran away from him. She opened her heart for his demons.

A man so alone in his life; everyone feared him, everyone ran away from him but this one girl showed him something else. Showed him the affection and warmth of her heart.

But lately, he isn't hungry for her and that is killing Hannah. She fears that he would leave her as she was nothing. She fell too hard, she is wrapped around his fingers. And she fears if he'd be wrapped around someone else's fingers.

Ever since Rose came, King is becoming more and more distant from her, that's what Hannah is thinking. She is so full of him that she isn't able to see the man who has always been her backbone, her armour, her boyfriend. Tyler.

DYLAN'S POV

I never take this long to finish my meal but right now, I am in no mood to end this peaceful dinner. I am tired of running away. Tired of running away from this closure. For once, I want to sit and be happy. Just for once, I want to live in present, live in peace. Live with her.

I see her eating quietly. Oh god, she eats like a tiny mouse, such small bites.

"You know, I was kidding when I asked if you kill them,"

"Kill whom?" She looks at me with an obvious look, oh the bad guys? How cute, bad guys chasing bad guys. How can Tyler come up with such a lame idea?

She has no idea what she is; where she has stepped into.

She has no idea.

My face fell as I looked at her. She is innocent, so innocent that I feel the urge to protect her.

"King?" Pure, such transparency in her melodious voice. I could listen to her all day, every day.

"Yes?" What was she asking?

"Oh, yes, I was kidding too,"

"Huh?" There she made it again, the confused face with such big eyes. How is she doing nothing and still doing so much to me?

"We hand them over to police or government or whatever Tyler told you. Our work is to chase them, that's it." What the fuck? Why am I pretending that we actually are innocent and good? We are the worst of all but she can't know about that. She will run away.

Will she? I look at her,

"King, your dinner is getting cold, eat up quickly!" She can't run away from me. Never! I won't let her go away.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose takes the cutleries back to the kitchen, she passes smiles to everyone she sees on her way, despite knowing they would never smile back.
She helps Daisy with the dishes. These two have gotten close. Daisy recently shifted from Spain, her hometown, she is new here and Rose became her first friend.