CHAPTER 57

__________________________________________________________

A/N: I apologize for the delay in the update, my university has reopened. I"ll still try my best to update sooner. 

__________________________________________________________

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Why were you crying?"

"Rose?" He questions as she doesn't speak a word, yet her tears are rolling down.

King extends his hands to wipe them off but she flinches away, she doesn't want his console when he's the reason for her tears in the first place.

His jaw clenched at her action, her cold behaviour towards him is fueling his rage. "What was he saying?" He demands unexpectedly, his voice is no longer gentle.

"What plan?" He questions her again. His tone is dominating and so are his eyes.

"I don't know," Rose replies slowly, she sniffs her nose softly. King studies her hands formed into fists before grabbing them into his. Rose tries to take them back but his grip tightens as if he's telling her it's no use in fighting. Rose still protests, she scorns his touch.

"Do you want to see someone else's accident?" Her wide eyes meet his narrowed ones.

"N-No, no," She shakes her head frantically, more tears sweep down her eyes.

"I guess, you should see another accident-"

"No, King, please, I'm, I'm sorry," She cuts him off. King studies her sudden change in expressions, she's instantly distressed. He extends his hand to wipe her tears off and to his surprise, Rose doesn't back off. She's letting him do it, she doesn't want to upset him anymore.

"Then answer what I asked, hmm?" He mockingly speaks gently.

"I told him about everything," Rose's eyes are fixed at his huge hands enveloping hers.

"That, that you killed Jo, and I can't meet anyone, I can't go anywhere-" She sobs, trying to calm herself down. She's telling everything to the person who's behind the mess she's going through.

"And, I can't go to my university and at my home-"

"What did he say?" He asks immediately, his grip stiffens around her hands.

Rose meets his hollow eyes.

"He said nothing, he was just listening," Rose replies.

King stares at her. Tyler's importance in her life is provoking him to the core.

In the past two months he did everything to make himself as horrible he possibly could, but one glance at her and it's all coming back in. But this time, not in a good way. He loathes his heartbeat when he's around her, he loathes himself when he's around her. He feels hostility toward the urge to keep her close no matter what.

King gets up and throws the plate on the ground, Rose shivers slightly at the smashing sound. She doesn't look up, her eyes are still fixed on her lap.

"It got cold, clean it and I need the meal in my office within 30 minutes." He orders her. Rose gets up from his bed and nods, to which King clenches his jaw. Her behaviour, her ignorance is poking his nerves but he can't blame her. Neither can he rectify himself.

"Use words with me," He spats, suppressing his rage as his hand roughly grabs her chin. He forces her to meet his eyes.

"You're, you're hurting me," She speaks with tears in her eyes as his grip is awfully tight.