CHAPTER 18

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose didn't notice how two hours passed by while she was busy talking to Andy. She told him everything, everything about the loan and then Tyler's help, about that manager, the huge mansion, and of course about the King who was willing to help her.

Andy was on a roller coaster ride hearing everything that happened to her in the past few days, he was concerned and still is, but glad that she is out of danger. Though he found so many loopholes in the help Tyler and King were offering. Something is fishy- he couldn't shake the thought off.

"I should be going now, Andy, King will have his next meal in an hour."

"Rose, how are you going to manage the university?"

Rose pauses for a while,

"Uh, I haven't thought about it now. Maybe, as I came here, I'll manage my school," She speaks, more like suggesting to herself.

"Or, you should ask your boss to have you as a part-time chef?" Andy suggests.

"Would he agree?"

"Ask him?"

Rose nods and places a kiss on Andy's forehead. She smiles at him, takes her purse, and smoothens out her dress. All set to leave.

"Oh, and all the best!" She smiles, and Andy's expression drifts to a reserved shock. He totally forgot about his surgery, he frowns looking at her.

"You'll be fine. I'll come tomorrow,"

"You better!" She laughs and leaves before yelling 'bye' as she closes the door.

She quickly gets out of the hospital and waits for a taxi, soon after two minutes of waiting she stops one and asks the driver to drive to the Wyvern mansion.

She takes her phone out and leaves a text to Lily. It's been a while since they met.

She silently looks out of the window the whole time and thinks of nothing. They reach the mansion in less than fifteen minutes since it isn't as far as her house is. She pays the driver and walks in.

She notices that people who were earlier cleaning and trimming the ground are done with their work.

She heads into the mansion and walks straight to the kitchen. She moves to her shelf and checks out what to prepare for the meal- Vegetable smoothie and nuts.

She looks at the long list of vegetables to be used and that too, in what proportion. She doesn't waste any time looking at the note again and heads to the stockroom. She brings all the required veggies and cleans them properly.

Starting with getting the right quantity of each vegetable, she ends with pouring the chilled smoothie into the glass jar just in time. She adds almost all types of nuts to the tray and finishes off by throwing a straw into the glass jar.

She looks up at the clock, five to eleven. Her eyes look for Daisy, who is washing the dishes in the second last section of the kitchen.

With the tray in her hand, she walks to her and asks where she should be serving this meal, in his room or the hall.

Daisy replies,

"Uh, I don't know. Find him, wherever he is sitting, place the tray beside him." Rose looks at her in amusement, but she nods quietly and leaves the kitchen.

ROSE'S POV

I stop the moment I step out of the kitchen, I have no interest in losing my tracks again.

Then where he could be? In his room? Office? Or in the hall?

I should first have a look in the hall. Mentally nodding to myself, I walk towards the hall.

Upon reaching, I only find the same robots standing. Not here. He could be in his office, I think I remember where his office is.

I turn around and walk the same path halfway and walk towards the other corridor, that is where Tyler dragged me yesterday. Speaking of him, where is he today? I have not seen him since the morning!

Ah, he must be at school.

I place a knock on the door, hoping that I hear him inside.

"Come in," I almost close my eyes in relief.

Gently pushing the gate, I make my way in. I see him reading a file, he is leaning in his chair, legs on the desk and black suit on. His hair is done too.

I stop just at his desk, I wait for him to look up and take his legs down, but seconds passed, neither he looked up nor he took his legs down.

I clear my throat before speaking,

"Your meal, King." He slides his eyes to me and observes the tray for a second before pushing down all the items off his table with his leg.

"Place it here." He speaks, and it's too obvious to notice his freezing tone.

His actions were cold too. I look at the files, pens, and papers scattered all over the place before placing the tray in the region he just emptied.

Should I ask about the part-time thing? But he doesn't look in a great mood right now.

His next meal will be at two in the noon, I've got three hours in between and the school isn't very near. I don't think that I'll be able to attend my classes at such times.

"What is it?" I almost jump at his intrusion into my thoughts.

"Nothing," I reply and turn around immediately.

"Rose,"

I spin back and look at him.

"Please pick these things up, put them in the drawer there." He gestures through his eyes to my right. I see a big cupboard, layered with drawers.

He could've asked me to do it before bluntly throwing them down!

"Okay," I retort.

I pick up everything and arrange them neatly.

"King, in which one?"

"Third from the bottom." He speaks without looking at me.

I move to the cupboard and open the drawer.

I yelp the moment my gaze falls on the blood-bathed knife lying there consciously.

"What happened?" I hear him and my back straightens up alertly, though it was perfectly linear in the first place.

"N-nothing," I reply and put the items in it quickly. I close the drawer and turn around, only to get hit by a black wall.

Realizing immediately as I see the legs of the wall, I back off in no space. "You saw the knife," I hear him, I slowly look up only to see how tall he is. Our eyes meet, and I see a casual emotion in his eyes.

"I totally forgot about that." He speaks again, not looking at me.

I slowly slid to get out of the space the cupboard and he decided to reserve for me. I take a long back step the moment I get out of his territory.

He pulls the drawer and takes the long knife out. He observes it for a while before walking out of the room with it. My gaze involuntarily falls on his table, he hasn't had his meal yet.

I shake my head, none of my business. My business is just to prepare it.

I walk out of the room and move straight to the kitchen.

The blood was dried, but it still seemed sticky. Whose blood it was? That knife belonged to him, for sure.

Did he stab someone?

None of my business, none of my business!