CHAPTER 24

ROSE'S POV

It is the moment neither I can believe my eyes, nor I want to. The whole university has pooled in this damn stadium and literally, all eyes are on me.

"Ms Stephany," The familiar face stands tall in front of me, blocking every other view.

"What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here, It's my university, King!" As much as shock and anger are getting out of my mouth, I'm sure my eyes aren't holding back the same.

"Do I have to remind you every fucking time that you are supposed to be in my kitchen right now?" Coldness is evident in his tone, though his eyes are very neutral.

"King, I have a school to attend, and-"

"Look at me, does it look like I care, Rose?" He speaks 'Rose' in an extra polite way. God, this guy is getting on my nerves.

"But how could I work for you if I have some literal important things to cover up!"

"Eh, do I now have to remind you about the contract?"

Already reaching peaks, my eyes poke out, even more, the moment he unwrapped about the contract. I hear a few gasps around me and that's when I see it, embarrassment.

People have encircled as some street show is going on, thousands of phones are recording us and everyone is looking at us in surprise. Their eyes, too bright. Asking for more drama. God, where am I stuck? And why?

Four more men in black are standing behind King, staring ahead but keeping an eye all around.

What. The. Fuck.

"I don't have the whole day, now walk." He spats, snapping me out of my thoughts. My eyes involuntarily meet his, they are nothing like last night. Despair and agony, they were in and now his stare is nothing but cold.

He turns his back on me, and those four men make way for him.

I can't believe this! This isn't happening, right?

He walks a few steps and stops.

He takes his phone out and glares at it for a short while before driving it to his ear. Must be a call.

Turning around, he gestures me from his eyebrows to follow him.

"Yeah?" He speaks on phone.

I'm still frozen in my position. There's no way he can act like that, at least not in front of the whole university!

"I'm not coming with you," I speak, despite having a strong feeling of obeying him.

"I'll reach the mansion when I'll be done with some things."

King pauses for an awkwardly long while, making every bone in me send chills all over.

Please, please, please, don't make a scene, please!

"Very well." He speaks and without exchanging another glance, he turns around, and I see him walking away.

My body goes numb for later minutes. That really happened? Did he walk away, just like that?

**One hour later at the mansion**

THIRD PERSON'S POV

With a fallen face, Rose reaches the mansion. The worst feeling of getting kicked out from the cheerleading squad is eating her heart, and the fear of what is going to happen in the mansion is frustrating her mind.

She is angry with King for showing up at her university like that, but the worst part, it's her carelessness towards her job that created all that scene. She can't blame him for creating a scene, but she's grateful that he left without saying anything else.

Too many things are roaming in her mind as she enters the kitchen. She got kicked out of the squad, despite being the centre. All the embarrassment, she has to face alone. Lily is not here as well to make things a little better.

For the first time, in a long time, she is feeling alone.

"Rose," The manager calls for her, but she ignores and heads straight to her shelf. Maybe her mind isn't letting her concentrate on anything else.

"Ms Stephany!" The manager, again, gets ignored by her.

"Goddamn, ROSE!" He yells this time, grabbing every staff's attention, including Rose's.

"What the hell do you think is going on?"

"You can not just ignore me, I'm the manager, alright!"

"And I can have you fired any second, so don't you-"

"I'm sorry." Rose cuts him off. He takes a big breath, calming his nerves down, processing in his mind again and again that she's just a newbie.

He is the manager, of course, he can't tolerate such savage behaviour from any of his workers.

"King has already had his lunch, he wants to see you,"

"In his room, now." Rose nods, ignoring the cold tone of her manager. She's too indulged in other things than spitting attention to his behaviour.

She walks straight to his room and knocks on the door. She pauses for a while and knocks again on getting no response.

She almost turns around to leave as nobody opens the door, but the door swings in, revealing King just coming out of the bath. Just a towel covering his lower body in the name of clothes, he passes a cold stare to Rose.

ROSE'S POV

The fresh aroma hits my nose and at the same time, I hear the door swinging open. I turn around, meeting the half-naked King standing tall in front of me.

His wet locks, decorating his forehead, his ocean blue eyes bleeding coldness, and the sharpest jawline that I have ever seen in my life; everything is holding me from asking why he wants to see me.

Too late for me to regret, but he legit is the most shredded guy I've ever met in my life. He's got huge scars on his chest and abs, defining signs of great fights and danger.

My eyes meet his and that's when I see, he's been watching me watching him all this time. God, another swing of embarrassment.

I clear my throat and speak,

"You wanted to see me, King?"

"Yes," He opens the door completely.

"Get in." He turns his back and damn, he's got one big scar here too. These scars look old.

"You know, when any of my servants make mistakes after getting warned, they are punished?" His question, more like a statement, travel very clearly to my ears but all I could say was,

"What?"

"You'll be punished for what you did today, Rose Stephany."

"Punished?"

He hums in response and removes his towel.

My eyes, my eyebrows, and my heartbeat reach the sky as he does it.