CHAPTER 52

Those who are hardest to love, need it the most.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

It's been an hour since King took Rose to the hospital. She's still in the operation hall while King is sitting right outside, holding his head and praying.

Numerous thoughts are continuously flooding in his mind, on top of all the hatred for himself for letting his guard down. She got shot and he couldn't do anything.

He wasn't able to protect her. The horrifying sight is playing on loop in his mind, how her body jerked upon coming in contact with the bullet and how she fell. And he was just standing there.

He didn't plan it this way, then what went wrong?

"He escaped," Harry states while sitting beside him. King inhales sharply.

"He wasn't supposed to hurt her, it could've been me or any of my men..." King's voice was shaking. Harry saw the hint of fear in his eyes, even he was shocked when Rose got shot. Not because she got shot, but after watching how King reacted to it.

He was shocked as it's not Dylan's thing to care for someone so deeply that he didn't once think about his revenge. He, without thinking, ran to save her, as if his life was clinging onto hers.

"Andrew knew that Rose is with you, that she works for you,"

"They allied with Nobel," Harry says after watching the confusion on Dylan's face. Dylan's eyes frown, his hands instinctively fold into fists.

"The attack Nobel did, it was planned by Andrew. He wanted to see who she is to Tyler, but he saw you." King could feel himself burning up.

"You should've known, no one thinks through their heart here, Dylan."

"I knew he wouldn't think twice before hurting his own child, I told you. I have known him more than you do." Harry pauses, reminiscing how close they were to eliminating them. Although Harry has always been against King's cruel actions in the past, this time even he desired to match his cruelty. Gerald was Harry's best friend, he too, wanted to feel the satisfaction of watching Andrew die in front of his eyes.

But now, he is displeased and slightly mad at Dylan.

"Why did this happen, what do you think, Dy?"

"She never belonged in our world, and now her presence is changing you." A slight disappointment is evident in Harry's voice. He didn't hold back the truth anymore.

He is her biological father. And he had the nerve to shoot her, he did it without thinking twice. But King's thoughts are running somewhere else. Harry's voice is reaching to him but he only could care less.

"Your dad did the same thing,"

"He loved your mother, he loved our little Matt..."

"He loved you and he never put anything above his family," Dylan gulps. His father's face comes into the picture, followed by his mother and his little brother.

"Have you forgotten about them, Dylan?" That's when he met his eyes, and they were flashing rage.

"How dare you? It's my family you're talking about-"

"You chose Rose over your family today." These words shattered his heart. He didn't want to admit it, he didn't want to hear it but it was the truth. He chose Rose over the revenge he's been seeking out for years.