CHAPTER 15

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose enters his office, followed by Tyler. She is stunned by the elegance of the room. The wooden shelf filled with books, the dark theme with professional white lights, the huge glass wall on the side opposite the door, the gadget shelf, and the wall of pictures are some of the things making this room full of light and a healthy environment.

"You will call him King," Tyler whispers low enough that it's only heard by Rose.

Rose mentally nods.

"Tyler, would you please give us a minute?" King asked Tyler, but his tone came out as an order.

"Yes, King," Tyler replies and walks out of the room, making sure he closes the door, giving them complete privacy.

"Rose-"

"Before you say something, I want to apologize for my behaviour. I was in a hurry and those men standing out weren't talking, and then I met you, I didn't know you're the one, that you're the King, so," Rose pauses and realizes that she cut him off.

"So?"

"So, I'm sorry, King."

"Alright, but that's not what I was going to talk about." Rose looks at him,

"I liked the food you prepared, so I look forward to offering you this job," Rose's eyes shine brightly.

"I know about the fact that you and your family are under huge pressure and if I'm going to help you with it,"

"You need to sign a paper."

"What- what paper?" King pauses for a short while.

"Tyler, come in." He shouts and at the same moment Tyler shows off from the door.

He comes forward after closing the gate.

"You didn't talk about the contract with Rose?" King asks Tyler.

"Uh, what contract?"

"The contract."

"That, that? King, I was going to, but I thought if, if Rose would-"

"The contract says that you're going to work here for two years, and you can't leave even if you'd like to." King cuts him off, while his gaze is fixed on Rose.

"That's- that's it?" She asks, she looks at Tyler and then back at King.

"No, that's not it. It's immediate joining, you'll sign the papers now, and you'll be coming from tomorrow."

"For a few months you'll be cooking for me and then, you know, when my chef will be back, you'll be assigned some other similar job."

"Oh,"

"The working hours are strictly the times of me having my meals, and I eat five times a day."

"And do not expect any leave, unless I'm off to some other region."

"Is that okay with you?" He asks her.

"Can I talk to my parents, first?" Rose asks him.

"Of course, Miss Stephany. And your salary shall be $36,000 per annum." Rose nods professionally, though she's in shock right now.

"Excuse me." She speaks before getting out of the room.

Her hands involuntarily roamed to her mouth.

ROSE'S POV

It is really happening! It is really happening, oh my god!

I got this job, and he's going to help me out? Really? Am I dreaming?