CHAPTER 55

THIRD PERSON'S POV

King left Rose in the main hall after coming back to the mansion. He authorized her to continue making meals for him, be available for him every time he asks. He warned her that there'd be consequences if she won't obey him. She is going to live here, she can't go out, she can't go to her university and she can't contact anyone, he also added.

Rose didn't know how to react, she just lost her best friend, and now she's caged. She had it all crashed down on her all of a sudden, and she went numb. She wasn't displaying any emotion at all, but her face was fallen. She didn't respond to him earlier but after hearing a few threats, she nodded.

She agreed to all of his terms, without knowing anything. Why is he doing this? She has no idea. Can she question him? He made sure the thought never repeats itself again.

While King feels fulfilled. He wanted Rose, he had her. But why was he doing this?

"Are you kidding me!?" King hears a frustrated voice, Harry.

"What is the girl doing here? Again?"

"I kidnapped her." Harry's eyes went wide at his statement.

"You, you kidnapped her? Why?"

"She isn't safe." King takes his phone out and texts somebody.

"You think she's safe here?" He questions him immediately.

"What do you think my men are doing here, dancing?"

"B-But why do you care? What is the point of all this?"

"Did she ask you?"

"I. Kidnapped. Her." King gives him an obvious look.

"Why?"

"Are you crazy?" King spats, meeting his eyes. He is getting annoyed by his whining.

"Am I? You're the one acting all crazy here! You kidnapped her, without thinking about her life, her-her parents-"

"There is no problem. I got it all covered, now get out."

"What did you do!?" Harry throws his hands on his table in anger.

"I kidnapped her," King replies innocently, pissing Harry off even more.

Harry takes a deep breath, attempting to calm his nerves down.

"What about her family? What if he attacks them?"

"I don't care about them, would you get out of my office now?" Harry's patience runs low at his savage behaviour and it's not the first time. Ever since Andrew has escaped, there's a violent change in King's behaviour.

"She has done it before, she can do it again," King absolutely understands Harry's point here and acknowledges his ego piercing a bit.

"I said, get out, old man." Enough with the disrespect, Harry storms out of the room.

He watches as Harry leaves the room and smashes the door to close. Shaking his head abruptly, his mind naturally runs to Rose, her crying face comes in front of his eyes. She never lost someone close before. He thinks recalling her wailings earlier.

No matter how many times he denied it, his heart broke watching her so helpless. He even wanted to offer comfort, but he knew he would be the last person whose comfort she'd want.

Was it too much? He jerks his head immediately realising he's again getting concerned for her.

After an hour or so a knock disturbs him. "Get in," He speaks as he removes his glasses, and looks up from the monitor towards the gate.