CHAPTER 28

ROSE'S POV

Not taking my eyes off the board, I try to stay as much focused in this class as I tried and failed in others. Not because I haven't been regular for a few days, but all these constant glares are making me nervous.

The last time I was in the school, King's little show-down dragged my social life into a tiny hole. Everyone is poking their eyes out on me, looking at me like they've seen an ancient dinosaur or something; not stopping to throw glares in my direction yet staying far, far away from me.

I don't know what is wrong with them, and Lily's absence isn't helping very much.

It's been almost a week since she left. I had permission to attend my school till the summer break starts but am obliged to make dinner for King. Tyler has been avoiding me ever since, and I have no idea that what is going on.

Slipping out of my thoughts as the bell rings, I immediately pack my stuff up and leave the classroom, trying my best to avoid any eye contacts.

Running into the cafeteria, the anxiety even piles up as I feel more eyes on me. Keeping my head up, I wall past every glare and giggle.

"One cold frappe," I spill too fast that my words almost over-lapped each other. I earn big eyes from the man behind the counter as he repeats my order to confirm if he heard right.

I take my phone out, trying to not stay idle for even a second. King has done his part quite well. Ah, I should text Lily. Every time I get into something, I've always had her, until now.

"Her boyfriend is a mafia," I hear someone not very familiar. I pretend to ignore it all well with the laughs following behind. Do they think King is a mafia? What fantasies, my god. And I am single, for god's sake!

"Mafia or her master?" I could feel my blood boiling as I hear them saying between the annoying giggles.

"Here you go." I immediately put the money on the table, and without waiting for the change, I smash hold the drink and leave the cafe.

"No wonder why she hasn't been here, she must be busy warming up his daddy's bed at nights and..." Oh my, I close my eyes and almost make a run-out. I bit my lower lip as for actually imagining that shit.

I have to stay away from this bunch of bullies. Got better work up my sleeves rather than pick up a fight against these immature heads.

As I walk past the corridors, I could feel all eyes on me. I don't even know if they're talking about me. It's just with whomever I accidentally make eye contact with, they look at me like I do not belong here. Like I'm an uninvited foreigner to them. And just a few days back, no one paid much attention to this so-called cheerleader. Ex cheerleader, damn it.

I walk and walk till I see my squad practicing on the tennis court. I see Malika supervising their moves, the match is near, I remember practicing all day for that one day, and it was always worth it. The feeling of everyone watching you and applauding for you is irreplaceable. It feels like we are above all. Nobody could ever be luckier and happier than us.

I see Jane has replaced me, she is nervous, I can tell it by her face.

Malika whistles over and over, making a hard time for the girls, she's frustrated. Involuntarily, she looks in my direction, I don't look away, would she take me back? She knows I'm the best.

Our coach, after sparing three seconds for me, goes back to pay attention to the girls. I sigh, I messed up, she's disappointed in me. 

For how long I've known Malika, even if I beg her to take me back, she is going to reject me with the most unbothered expression on her face.