CHAPTER 7

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The day almost comes to an end. Rose is still in the hospital. Although Andy opened his eyes hours ago, his state is severe. His head injury isn't that serious, but the wounds in his back are worse. It is majorly damaged, fortunately, no harm was done to his spine.

Doctors say surgery has to be done after two days, till then he is to be hospitalized.

Rose informed Christian, Andy's boyfriend, about everything, and he didn't take long to show up. He was sad and slightly angry with Rose for a reason only he knew.

He got some fruits for him and wine, which was thrown away by the doctors though. They shared an intense moment of love and care before he left. No doubt they love each other so much.

Rose talked to her parents and updated them about leaving the job, skipping every part related to Sebastian.

The meeting hours were almost over, it was time to get out of Andy's room. She placed a kiss on his forehead and adores his untensed slumber face.

Rose felt guilty about his condition. She blamed herself. She continuously thought that he got into all this mess because of her, because she was trying to be brave.

And she lost her job too. Everything is storming in her mind, she is upset, frustrated, and maybe angry too but one thing is crystal clear- she doesn't regret losing her job.

She was thinking of resigning anyway.

ROSE'S POV

"We are here." I detach my head from the window, looking at the familiar street.

"Thanks, Kale!"

"No need." I hear him as I unbuckle the seat belt.

I take my bag and head out, closing the car's door I look up at my house.

I wave at Kale before walking towards my house.

Knocking as I reach, "Coming!" dad's jolly voice echoes from the other side of the door. After a few seconds of waiting, his bright smile welcomes me inside.

"I was expecting you," He says as we move inside.

What is this smell? Cookies?

"Dad, what's for dinner?"

"Steak and a special dessert!" I hear my mom.

I place my bag, without seeing where, and head to the kitchen.

The same aroma intensifies, oh gosh, it smells delicious. I can smell CHOCOLATE!

That's when my desperate hungry gaze falls on the round thing, it's a chocolate cake!

"You made a cake!" I exclaim.

"Only because you were fired." I immediately turn around hearing the man of the house.

"Excuse me, I left!" I spat. Well, let it be resigning, it feels much more contained.

"It was your father's idea," She says, and I can't help but smile.

"Aren't you, disappointed?" I lower my voice because I am.

"Of course, I am!"

"I didn't know you could talk with such stupidity!" Huh?

Maybe seeing the bold question mark on my face, he continues,

"Listen my flower," His face is firm and that's something very rare.

"That was just a little café, you left for only you know what reason, and don't tell me because I'm not interested,"

"But you left to move on, to grow, you invested enough energy and gained enough experience,"

"Now, broaden your choice, choose the place which values you. I always knew that bastard had you working more than what he paid for, and I saw how unhappy you were every time you came back." Dad...

"You don't deserve that, you deserve more than this. You deserve where you can be happy, where you are willing to work and not just for the money."

"Yes, dad!" I couldn't resist and hug him right away. I am so blessed to have him, to have such a beautiful family.

"Now, don't make the food wait, LET'S EAT!" He yells and mom and I laugh at his childish act. He's always like this, it's so clear why mom loves him so much.

I help mom with delivering food to the dining table before we settle down to dive in.

I love this moment, my dad is right.

I was spending way less time with them. I would usually come home late and have dinner by myself but now, no more! I will work in a better environment, where I can spare enough time for my family.

"Hey-" I look up as my mom speaks, but she gets interfered with by a knock on the door.

Who could that be? Tyler?

My dad gets up, but I pull him down, "Let me see." He nods and stuffs his mouth.

"Come soon, your mom doesn't like to wait."

I smile, involuntarily shaking my head and walking to the door.

I open the gate, and the smile disappears off my face.

"Fredrick Stephany." The man towering in the middle speaks the moment he lays eyes on me.

"Yes?"

He carelessly pushes me inside and everyone storms in.