CHAPTER 47

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose's eyes gouged out of their sockets at the horrific sight in front of her. The dying man stretches his hands to Rose for help before his body falls on the ground. Blood oozes out of the hole from his neck and sooner he stops breathing.

She gulps in utmost fear before her stare shifts to the doer. His eyes showed nothing but satisfaction and slight traces of rage. He enjoyed doing that. He enjoyed watching that.

Throwing the weapon aside, his attention steers to Rose. He takes off his coat and wraps around her after walking towards her. The latter scene was too intimidating to Rose. She froze watching him as he approached.

"He was the last of them, let's go," He takes Rose's hand in his and starts walking. His clothes are untidy and covered in blood. He also had some serious injuries but he withstood.

The coat he swung on her was covered with blood too. She was disgusted.

"W-What about them?" Rose asks. He could feel her hand shaking under his, he knew she was petrified.

"It's a forest, the least good they can do in their lives is to be a food for wildlife." He states and his grip tightens around her hand.

He killed all of them, how is he any better? She thinks.

It was the same screwdriver he drove through his neck. Did he really kill them? Her heart started accelerating again. She is aghast by the man holding her hand.

He killed four people?

"Why did you come out, Rose? I told you to stay there." He asks, his voice softens.

"I-I heard wailings and screams, I thought you'd be..." She didn't complete the sentence but he understood. He nods, Rose saw it by the side of her eye.

She walked with him like a lifeless doll, maybe she was too worn out. Maybe too scared. Her breathing is still heavy. A murderer? She couldn't stop thinking.

"What are you afraid of?" He snaps her out of the vicious thoughts her mind has been playing on loop.

She didn't reply for a long time and the silence was making him uneasy. He asked Rose to stay afar because one of the reasons was to not let her see what she saw. He is relatively aware of what happens to people like her upon encountering such scenes. He never cared before but right now? The only emotion running in his mind is regret. Regret of letting their screams escape.

"You killed them," He clenched his jaw slightly. He already saw it coming.

"I had to. It's always- we kill them before they do." He states plainly. Rose's eyebrows bounce at his statement. She turns her gaze at him and meets the cold aura. He is badly injured, she notices.

She remembers the huge scars endowed on his chest and back, these new injuries are nothing when compared to those. Her gaze falls on the ground again.

What is his life? She thinks.

I know they're undercover agents but who are they really? And Tyler? She keeps on thinking.

Her mind reminds her of Tyler's face back there. He was so fierce, not at all scared.

Pistols.

Gunshots.

Blood.

Dead bodies.

Pain, scream, tears, don't they see it? How long have they been living like this? Don't they feel anything? Don't they care? 

Or have they stopped caring anymore?