CHAPTER 1

Three years later...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Rose, get over now!" Lily exclaims annoyingly, while Rose's mind is still living in the examination hall, probably arguing with the examinee.

"He was my favourite teacher, the least he could do was not humiliate me in front of everyone! Everyone knows that if I'm late- "

"It must be a serious reason, now STOP!"

"But I- "

"Are you coming to Joseph's?" Lily cuts Rose, proceeding with another topic to talk about which is rather interesting,

"No, I'm, I'm going to stay home," Rose replies.

"Is it about what happened between you guys?"

"What? No-" Rose turns her head to look at Lily, whose eyes are fixed on the road.

"I'll be so tired after working, plus I have to complete those extra assignments."

Lily says nothing but nods her head.

"By the way," A smirk appears on Lily's face as she continues.

"I'm wearing that new golden dress,"

"That one?" Rose questions after a short pause, her eyebrows going up as she recalls the backless beach dress Lily bought a week ago.

"Yeah." Lily lets the word out with a mischievous expression plastered on her face, to which the girl sitting beside her sniggers and shakes her head in disapproval.

"Okay, that's it. I'll head from here."

"Be careful!"

"Yeah, cop!" Lily smiles, and they do a quick side hug before Rose gets out of the car. She watches as Lily drives away before walking to the bus stand.

Looking at the board, she acknowledges that the bus will reach in less than a minute.

Her phone suddenly rings.

ROSE'S POV

I look at the screen, it's an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Rose..." An unfamiliar masculine voice speaks from the other side.

"Yeah, who is it?"

"We will meet soon." He says plainly.

"What? Who are-" before I could complete, the man hangs up.

He knew my name. How did he get my number?

What did he mean we'll meet soon?

Wait, who the hell is he?

I look up and see the bus has arrived, settling down inside I couldn't help but feel my heart beating faster against my chest. Glaring at my phone, I couldn't think of anything but the strange call.

Is someone doing a prank on me? Vicki! It must be Vicki; he's always doing this!

I lay back on my seat, I have to complete my assignment. And my boss is still mad at me, I can't make mistakes anymore.

Plugging in the earphones, my gaze involuntarily averts outside.

Was the guy earlier on the phone really Vicki? But last time he promised he won't do anything, but obviously, it's him, he would never leave a chance to annoy me!

But what if it's not him?

Suffocation engulfs me in this big airy bus when my mind drifts back to the memories of years ago.

But he died! It's not him, he can't be!

I sigh, I really need to clear my mind, he is dead and the guy who called me earlier was definitely Vicki.

My phone buzzes with a notification, 'you can still change your mind; I have another sexy dress ;)' Lily. My lips curve into a smile.

'Next time, for sure <3'

Standing up from my beloved seat upon reaching the station, I get out of the bus and pull my coat closer. It's a cold, windy day today.

I put my earphones back into my purse while walking down the street.

** Five minutes later **

I remove my coat as I head in, I look at the time again; the girl is ten minutes early today, good!

"Hey!" I approach Andy who is busy making pastries, he looks up at me and passes a warm smile.

"Hey!" He says as he puts down the tube and hugs me.

I pull apart and see him still smiling,

"Aren't you a little too happy today?"

"Well, because I'm someone's date tonight." I look at him in amusement.

"Whose?"

"Christian's." He says the name, making my lips spread widely.

"Oh my God, he asked you!" I almost yell at the news.

"Yeah and- "

"And may you please do the work, my customers are waiting for their food." The smile on our faces immediately vanishes as his voice stabs the conversation.

I look around and see his annoyed face. Clearing my throat, I quickly wear my apron.

By the side of my eye, I see him storming in my direction,

"Having you early actually made my work delayed even more." He says.

"Sebas- "

"Don't waste any more time." He cuts me off.

I gulp, swallowing my words inside, and nod.

I take the notepad and before heading out I look back at Andy, he's already looking at me with sorry eyes.

I wink at him, he smiles, and I mouth 'I love you'

"I love you, too." He says out loud, getting the attention of our boss again.

I look at him with wide eyes and immediately head out with a big smile on my face.