CHAPTER 14

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose, with the cake in her hands, heads out of the kitchen and observes every direction. She chooses the path in front of her and soon finds herself lost.

She asks the men standing like dummies for the way to the hall, but none of them pays attention. Showing way and telling directions isn't their job, after all.

Can't they just put a map on these walls?- She thinks. The ice creams on the plate have started to melt, which made Rose utterly panic.

Rose restlessly turns around and almost hits the dish into a guy.

"Can't you see?" She yells at him without looking at him, gaze fixed on the plate.

She looks up furiously, ignoring his god-like features.

Having a dark shade of green in the name of eye colour, he stands tall and confident, studying the girl who is looking at him in anger.

Rose completely kicks aside the fact that how sharp his jawline is, how defined his cheekbone is, how chiselled and broad his shoulders are and how stoned his physique is.

"What are you looking at now? Tell me the way to the dining hall!" She spats at the guy who is still unknown to her.

"I'm late already," She speaks lowly.

"Late for?" His deep and strong voice clicks Rose, she looks up at him and opens her mouth.

"Late for serving the sweet dish to their boss, now, tell me?" Irritation is evident in her voice.

After many minutes of roaming here and there, she found someone who actually talked.

"To the King?" He asks, amusingly.

"Yes."

"You're going to serve this to... King?" He speaks, making fun of what's on the plate.

Rose clenches, she looks down at the plate, the ice cream is completely melted, the melted chocolate and the white chocolate do not look beautiful anymore, and no one can tell on which trip the honey went!

Her anger and irritation melt into grief, she almost breaks into tears before the guy takes the plate out of her hands and tastes the messed-up dish.

Rose's eyes bounce in and out at the sight, she snatches the plate out of his hand and yells,

"Are you crazy? It was for him!"

"And he thinks," He pauses, and acts as if he's thinking something.

"It needs drastic improvement." The guy smirks at her before walking past.

"Straight from where you're standing, take a right turn, and you'll find a huge painting of the boss. Take the left from there, and you'll be in the hall." He yells before leaving her all alone.

ROSE'S POV

I speechlessly look at the wall.

'And he thinks it needs drastic improvement.'

He is their boss?

And was I yelling at him?

I look down at the plate, at the sweet dish, which is already eaten. No, he can't be the boss! And how dare he eat it? He is going to pay for messing with me. I move to the path as he said, I walk straight from where I'm standing and take a turn to the right.

My eyes, desperate for confirmation, look up at the end to see who is in the picture.

And here my body stops working for a moment, I look at the picture. My soul frowns as I see the same arrogant face captured and hanged in the frame.

I walk slowly, recalling my encounter with the man with green eyes. Now, I don't even want to go into the hall. I look down, at my plate, at the mess I should be saying instead.

I take a wholesome bite out of it, how- how can I forget to add sugar to this? How can I be this careless? And all these ice creams mixed together give an awful taste.

It's ugly as well.

"Rose?" I hear Tyler. My already defeated senses turn in the direction of his voice.

Oh my God, I disappointed him as well. He talked to him for me and I ruined everything!

"Tyler, I-"

"King is calling for you, come with me." He cuts me off.

"No, I know why he's calling me. I'm not going, I want to go home!"

"What are you saying? Listen, I know you're nervous, but this is not the time for freaking out."

"No, you don't understand, this is all messed up, I messed up everything. I don't want to stay here anymore!"

"You're not going anywhere-"

"No, I want to go home, Tyler!"

"Rose, shut up!" He almost yells at me. He doesn't understand.

"You're coming with me, he doesn't like to wait and give this to me," He takes the plate out of my hands.

"What is it anyway? Leftovers? Why are you roaming with leftovers?"

Leftovers? Okay, I officially made a fool out of myself by making a stupid mug cake. How stupid of me!

"Come with me, now!" He places the plate on the floor and drags me to the hall.

I eye my surroundings, the hall is so big that two houses like mine can fit in it vertically, I don't want to talk about horizontal fittings.

I feel like I've entered a classic Hollywood film.

The manager is standing with his team behind the huge table. His gaze involuntarily falls on me, and his calm expression immediately changes to a shocked one. He approaches me quickly and whisper-yells,

"Lady, where were you and where is the sweet dish?"

"I, I... the sweet dish is, uh-"

"Please send Rose Stephany to my office, I'm in no mood to eat anything sweet. And Tyler, I want you there as well." I hear him, he leaves the hall from the other side without taking a glance at us.

He has already tasted my sweet dish.

"Come with me." I hear Tyler. We walk towards his office, and I hear the manager muttering something behind us.

Walking past the dining table, my gaze falls on the empty plate which was earlier full of my lasagna.

Oh, did he like it? I hope, yes.

We walk through the broad corridor, I love how the place is decorated and maintained like it's some film set. The lights are perfect, the beautiful shade of cream colour is so pleasing and the mats are clean and tidy. Just these robots aren't that appealing.

We reach his office and Tyler places a knock on the door. I look at him, he seems calm. Well, I'm too, I already know the outcome.

"Come in." Tyler opens the door.

I take a deep breath before stepping in.