CHAPTER 37

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Millie, I can't do this, I'm really-" 

"Calm down, you're just nervous, everything is going-" She repeats the same thing for the tenth time since they've entered the ready room.

"No! Nothing is going to be alright, you don't understand!" Jane rushes back and forth in a hurry.

Millie pauses her parade, "Look, it happens, I totally understand but once you get on that stage, everything-"

"Everything will be messed up, I-I am already forgetting my steps-" She pauses and inhales sharply before continuing.

"Millie, I can't do this, I just can't!" Tears begin to recede from her eyes.

"You can't back out now-"

"Our coach, you and all other girls saw me, I'm just ball and chains, I can't do this, I-I-"

"What's happening?" Both of their attention diverts to the new girl in the room.

Jane looks at her, she appears to be the saviour in her eyes.

"That's it!" Jane's eyes bloomed in relief and joy, "She can go, she's perfect!" She exclaims, wiping her tears off.

Millie looks at Jane, who has already started to take off her ribbons and shoes.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

"Can anybody tell me what is going on?" Rose asks in confusion as she makes her way through the door.

Millie sighs, deep down she too knows that Rose has always been the perfect centre, not even once she had any fallouts in her performance.

"Jane is backing out,"

"She is too afraid to go up!"

Rose's eyes go wide, "Jane, it's a piece of cake, it's like doing the rehearsal over and over-"

"You should've seen me in the rehearsals," She cuts her off, Jane's eyes begging to end this misery.

"You're underestimating yourself, Jane, it's really nothing to be afraid of-"

"Just take a deep breath and-"

"Please!" She cries out again, "I can't go up like this, my heart-" Jane grabs Rose's hand and places it on her chest, "Can you feel it?"

Rose stares at her in surprise, her heart is beating too fast.

"I swear, I'll mess up everything, and I- Rose, I replaced you, I was really happy at first but I can't do it now!"

"Please, please, I beg you, I don't wanna go there, please-"

"Okay, okay, hold on," Rose glares into space, she is kicked out by Malika. If she finds out that she is back, nobody knows what she's going to do.

"God, I just came to cheer you guys up," She whispers, talking to herself.

"Fine, but my dress? If I go home now-"

"I have a spare one in my locker," Millie says.

"We're the same size, it would look perfect on you!" She completes herself.

Rose shakes her head, "Whatever the punishment that red horns is going to give, you two would take it with me!"

"Huh, but-"

"Or else, I'm not going up-"

"Okay, done!" Both of the girls yell at the same time.

Rose sniggers at their behaviour before the trio start to prepare for the ultimate showdown.