Mute! Leon x Reader

~Love on mute~

from the very beginning, Leon Kuwata had trouble speaking. Try as he might, whenever he opened his mouth he couldn't utter a sentence. He learned sign language but got lazy so now he only remembers just a bit. But that's okay, because he can just type in what he's trying to say on his device and it will say it for him.

Leon had always wanted to talk, and hated that he couldn't. It made it difficult for him to make friends, or even get a girlfriend. That was until he met Y/N L/N.

Leon wanted to communicate with Y/N, yet each time it annoyed him to use his phone so that it would speak for him. Leon ripped a piece of paper from his notebook and grabbed his pencil so that he could write something for Y/N. 

Leon looked at the next desk over, it was Y/N's, he smiled as he placed the note on her desk, Y/N looked down at the note and smiled, she was about to speak until.

"Leon Kuwata!" the teacher shouted, "Passing notes again?" she scowled, Leon looked sad that he'd been caught. "It's not his fault, Miss! He's mute!" a student explained, standing up from his seat. The teacher groaned, "Alright, fine. Just sit down now. Leon's off the hook this time."

Ring!

"Alright, class dismissed. You all better remember your assignment for tonight!", "Yes, Miss." Y/N spoke, placing the note in her pocket before the teacher saw. As the students exited the classroom, Leon caught up to Y/N.

"Hey, wait up! I just wanted to say thank you." Leon's phone spoke, "Thank you? For what?" Y/N asked, looking back at him, "For not ignoring me. You see, most kids do, but you didn't. So thanks a lot!" Leon's phone explained.

"Awh, I don't think everyone ignores you. Makoto certainly doesn't." Y/N said with a smile, Leon nodded, "He doesn't. But that's because he was kind enough to be my friend when we first met. So...will you be my friend too?" Leon's phone asked, Leon looked at Y/N with puppy eyes, Y/N chuckled, "Alright."

Y/N grabbed Leon's hand, "Come with me." she said, "Where are we going?" Leon's phone asked, "To my house! I heard about your parents being out of town. So it's not like you need to be home soon, right?" Y/N asked, Leon shook his head, "Good. I guarantee you'll love my parents!" Y/N smiled.

"Y/N! Sweetie!" Y/N's mom hugged her daughter, kissing her face all over, "Mom! I have a guest!" Y/N said in an embarrassed tone, "Oh, and you must be the mute boy! Oh, my daughter knows all about you!", "Mom!" Y/N huffed, "Oh, it's alright, ma'am. I'm fine with being called mute." Leon's phone said.

"Mom, Leon's coming up to my room. So don't bother him too much." Y/N explained, "Awh, but honey!" Y/N's mom whined, "I wanna know more about your friend!", "Fine, you can bring up something later and talk to him then. But right now we have something important to discuss." Y/N explained. "Oh, yay!" Y/N's mom beamed.

"Come on, Leon." Y/N smiled, heading into her bedroom with Leon following behind. 'Wow, I'm in a girls bedroom! I usually never get this far...alright, Leon. Behave like a gentleman.'  Leon thought to himself, "Well, this is my room. Don't get any ideas." Y/N said, "I won't, promise!" Leon's phone agreed.

"Good. Now, come sit. We need to talk." Y/N said as she sat on the bed, patting the seat next to her. Leon sat down as Y/N got closer. Y/N cupped Leon's face as she kissed him. Leon backed away after the kiss ended, "O-oh, I'm so sorry!" Y/N blushed, seemingly embarrassed about the awkward kiss the two just had. Leon shook his head and moved closer as he tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Leon..?" Y/N asked, "It's okay. I was just nervous." Leon's phone spoke. "Oh, alright." Y/N sighed with relief, "I thought I freaked you out by making the first move for a second there.", Leon smiled as he kissed Y/N.

"I...love you." Leon spoke, Y/N gasped, "D-did you just speak?! Oh my gosh, Leon! C-can you talk?! A-are you speaking without your phone right now??" Y/N was so excited to hear Leon's voice, not his phone speaking for him, but his actual voice.

"Y-..." Leon stuttered, "Y-yes?" Y/N asked, so happy he's finally able to speak, "Y-...Y/N..?" Leon asked, looking into her eyes, "Yes, t-that's me! I'm Y/N!" Y/N smiled as she hugged Leon tight. 

"Leon! Oh my gosh, you can speak!! I-I've never heard your real voice before! But I'm hearing it!!" Y/N squealed with excitement. "Oh my gosh, we have to tell my mom, this is gonna blow her mind!" Y/N smiled as she ran down the stairs with Leon following behind her, "Mom! Mom!" Y/N cheered, "Oh, sweetie, there you are! I was just about to bring you two some cookies!" Y/N's mom grinned.

"Leon can talk!" Y/N chirped, "Leon can talk?!" her mom asked in shock as she set the plate of cookie's on the kitchen counter, "What'd he say?!"

'Geez, people, chill out. I'm not a newborn who just said Mommy.'  Leon thought, "H-he said I love you, and then my name!" Y/N squealed, "Oh, honey, that's just wonderful!" her mom exclaimed, "Leon!" Y/N mom said, placing her hands on his shoulders. "You better treat my daughter right.", Leon nodded, "Yes ma'am."

"Oh, I can't wait 'till your father hears this!" Y/N's mom squealed, "He'll be so delighted!"