Mondo x Reader

~I'll protect you~

It was Y/N L/N's first day at Hope's Peak Academy, as she followed her best friend, Aoi Asahina into the gymnasium, she noticed a half-white, half-black bear sitting on sitting on a pedestal looking around the room, the bears eyes fixating on Y/N. "Ah! Welcome students! To the one and only Hope's Peak Academy!", "This don't look like a damn circus to me, so why ya talking like the ringmaster, dumbass bear?!" A male scowled from behind you, Monokuma giggled, "You'll see~!". Y/N turned around to look at the male behind her, "Oh shit, he's tall" Y/N muttered under her breath as she turned her head up to get a better look at him, "Name's Mondo Owada." Mondo spoke, looking down at Y/N. "N-Name's Y/N L/N!" Y/N stuttered, slightly intimidated by how much taller Mondo is than her, Mondo chuckled and pat her head, "Hey! I'm not that small!", Y/N pouted, "Sure ya aren't, kid."

"Now all you've gotta do is kill someone to get out of here!" Monokuma exclaimed, waving his paws in the air, "K-kill??!" Toko questioned, a frightened tone in her voice, "Yes, but I wouldn't worry about it. We should be fine as long as we remain calm" Byakuya said, a speaking in a calm manner, "easy for you to say!" Y/N said to him, her voice sounding less than hopeful "We'll all be fine. Listen to the blonde prick for once, ya bunch of wimps!" Mondo said in an annoyed tone, Y/N turned to him and nodded her head, she then turned around to face the others, "Yeah! He's right! And so is the blonde prick!", Byakuya sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Y/N took a quick peek around the room, making sure no one was watching, as Y/N saw that there was nobody watching her, she quietly ran into the hallway, and snuck into the one of the dorm rooms. "Where's Y/N?" Aoi asked, after she had turned around to notice her best friend was gone, Mondo looked at her, raising an eyebrow "Y/N's gone?" he questioned, "Yes! But now I gotta go make sure she's okay!" Aoi exclaimed, she quickly placed her hands over her mouth and said in a rather panicked whisper, "What if someone got to her and now she's dead?!", Mondo shook his head "Alright, I'll go look for you, you just stay here.", Aoi looked up at him and smiled, Mondo walked out of the gymnasium and went to find Y/N, "I hope Aoi isn't right" he muttered to himself, he looked over and saw a slightly cracked open door. Mondo walked over to the dorm room and opened the door, peaking in "Y/N!" he shouted, running over and giving her a tight hug, which puzzled Y/N, seeing as she had only known Mondo for a few minutes. "I, uh, wasn't excepting affection" Y/N chuckled awkwardly, "Oh, sorry" Mondo said, letting go of her. "It's fine, but, what are you doing here?" Y/N asked, "I was just about to ask you the same. Asahina's all worried about you!" Mondo said, looking down at Y/N with a concerned look on his face, "Awh, you were worried for me!" Y/N giggled, a light pink blush across her face. Mondo felt his face heat up, "W-well," he stuttered, "It's not like that at all. It was more of Aoi's whole freak-out session that made me wanna come lookin' for ya.", "Yeah, don't wanna make her worry too much." Y/N said, a soft smile across her lips. Mondo grabbed Y/N's shoulders and kissed her, Y/N's eyes widened as she looked at him in shock, Mondo let go of her shoulders, "Sorry, I didn't know why I-" before Mondo could finish, Y/N jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him back.

"Oh, wow, I, uh" Mondo looked down, not sure what to say, "I love you too, ya big dork!" Y/N giggled, Mondo looked into Y/N's eyes "I promise no matter what happens, I'll protect you.".